Does anyone still buy the Viz????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
A bit like the young ones, It still makes me chuckle but it's getting a tad old now......

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sid: "Howway Pet, hoo's aboot you and me taaakin' aboot the weather?

Dolly bird: "The weather?"

Sid: "Aye.... weather or not you're gonna sit on my face!"

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Viz is still pretty good. If juvenile nonsense is your thing- Viz is the crap comic for you. I probably have every one since about 1986. Roger Mellie's probably my favourite. He did Crimewatch a few years back. Sauntered into the studio and said to his long suffering producer 'Bloody hell Tom have we been raided- the place is crawling with pigs'. Who could forget The Bum Faced Goats (well clearly everyone apart from me!), 'every day adventures of rump faced ruminants'? Nude Motorcycle Girl, Postman Plod, Norman the Morman Doorman (no one gets into heaven wearing trainers) and top tips like 'wasps make ideal doormen for bee hives' 'snooker cues make ideal tooth picks for elephants' and 'tooth picks make ideal snooker cues for mice'. Class.

Regards,
Giles.

longers

Legendary Member
Glow worm said:
Who could forget The Bum Faced Goats (well clearly everyone apart from me!)

Did they not vibrate?

Some of it used to have us almost crying.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I stopped buying it for about three years and then on the recommendation of someone on the telly who said it had reached its past glories, I started buying it again and I'm glad I did. It can be a bit hit and miss but there's usually more funny in there than not.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Viz

longers said:
Did they not vibrate?

Yes I believe they probably did. Shandy McNab is a new character I quite like. He's 'The sissy of the SAS' who won't storm the Zoblovan Embassy in London to rescue the hostages unless his Mum, packed lunch, and Teddy Bear called Snuggles come with him. Over the years I'd assumed that I'd grow out of it, but to Mrs Glow worm's dismay (she hates it as I guess it's really more blokey humour), I never have. The guys who write it must be ageing with me as in this month's there's a great piece on the demise of Bagpuss (who under the age of about 30 has ever heard of Bagpuss?) and an article on how Jack the Ripper was in fact Blakey from On the Buses. Even I'm a bit young for On the Buses but there we go! .

Top Bottom