Does anyone use zwift?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

BurningLegs

Veteran
Yes, Zwift is a really popular platform and makes indoor training really engaging! Do you already have a turbo? If not, I'd suggest going down the smart trainer route rather than speed sensor.

OP
OP
stillriding2

stillriding2

Regular
I have ordered a speed and cadence sensor from wahoo.im broke right now so I will use my dumb trainer. Here is the rub, I have an android and no i anything. I ordered the dongle with extension cord and ant + .So Bkool works with android but can I use my dumb trainer with the sensors on bkool. I realize that the resistance won't be there but it would be fun to ride the courses anyway. From what I have read so far I'm not sure if I can use the dumb trainer on bkool.That looks like a few hundred bucks for a compatible trainer for bkool or a few hundred bucks for an I pad for zwift. Then I see on GCN they used an alienware thing. I assume the alienware are replacing the computer or Android or I pad,and again a few hundred bucks. SI

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Bkool will work with the speed/cadence sensor. It won't be too long until zwift will be available natively on appleTV which is basically the cheapest option out there, AppleTV5 has just been announced with a beastly processor and GFX, it's going to be a very cheap and 1080p (the box itself is tiny!)

You're right RE Alienware: They are a small but very powerful pc, premium $£ of course but I absolutely love mine (main gaming pc these days, my big rig runs zwift)

OP
OP
stillriding2

stillriding2

Regular
Bkool will work with the speed/cadence sensor. It won't be too long until zwift will be available natively on appleTV which is basically the cheapest option out there, AppleTV5 has just been announced with a beastly processor and GFX, it's going to be a very cheap and 1080p (the box itself is tiny!)

You're right RE Alienware: They are a small but very powerful pc, premium $£ of course but I absolutely love mine (main gaming pc these days, my big rig runs zwift)

Thank you for the info. I eventually would like to get one of the trainers that adjust to the angle of the terrain also. I was gonna buy one now but the needy kids apparently have eat every day so it will have to wait. I think ill go see about the alienware. The apple tv would be great since teh family has one of them. Thanks again.

OP
OP
stillriding2

stillriding2

Regular
Erudin,

As a matter of fact that was the first one I watched that got me going on this adventure. I am going to try to bkool on this android tablet that I have, and then pilfer the wife's ipad to try the zwift. Just waiting for the sensors and ant+ dongle and extension cord to arrive. I find it almost mind blowing that zwift would not have this out on Andriod by now. I know the alienware thing can be used, but why don't they have just a control box you can get specifically for it and then you could just plug that box into the t.v. and walla! ZWIFT or BKOOL at your finger tips.

I see a lot of 'Zwift' rides cropping up on my soshal meeja things. I really don't pay much attention to them. Ride, or don't, don't pretend, it's rubbish. If you wish to do pretend rides, don't clog up my'soshal meeja' with it, I don't care. I reckon I'm not alone in this thinking.

Top Bottom