Does anything help inspire you to get out and cycle??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Has anyone had this kind of thing and come across something that sparks that drive to go out cycling again?

I usually find that any suggestion from my other half that I should hoover-up, clean the bathroom, fix something or decorate something fills me with sudden enthusiasm to be out on my bike. :bicycle:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Today's a good example, Ive not been out for well over a week due to a) poor weather and b) having to replace chain/cassette from wear. I should be motivated by the relatively okay weather and new components to test out, but having now done over 2500 miles with none of it commuting, ive cycled around pretty much every road/route around the local area and miss that exploring fun. Im going to go out now though for an hour before dinner :smile:

Fuzzball

I find that when i haven't been out in a while getting my partner to take the car (one car household) works as then i have to cycle to get anywhere! Once i am out i always end up kicking myself for having left it soo long.

I ride 'cos it's fun and after a busy week at week getting out on the bike is my escape. Also I mountain bike, so rain, wind or shine I can ride. I don't have to worry about traffic or visibility on the road, just hit the trails and go. Sliding around in muddy slick conditions is a great workout and coming home covered in mud makes me feel like a big kid. ^_^

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
My motivation is simply that I've loved cycling since I was tiny.

My motivation for getting into it with more ferocity was the realisation that I don't want to be a fat knacker ALL my life, and my mid-thirties kinda felt like a tipping point.

Gps tracking is also a huge motivator.

The thing with the Christophe Le Mével video is that the weather and scenery look beautiful. It's the pissing wet, howling wind, 5am rise, shoes still wet from the day before days that I don't look forward to.

sandman

the people I ride with. And one in particular

...and the mighty fashionable towns that one can find themselves in. Apart from mending a puncture in Dunstable of course.

For me I really don't TBH. I guess as exercise goes it's the more enjoyable pastime to get the HR going.

Manonabike

Über Member
I ride 'cos it's fun and after a busy week at week getting out on the bike is my escape. Also I mountain bike, so rain, wind or shine I can ride. I don't have to worry about traffic or visibility on the road, just hit the trails and go. Sliding around in muddy slick conditions is a great workout and coming home covered in mud makes me feel like a big kid. ^_^

Your post made me want to go out for a ride although is raining right now ^_^

I keep my SS indoors so I make a point to ride to the shops, bank, post office, etc. When it's a nice day I extend my ride and if I have time I make my way back a very long way ^_^. I still feel that I haven't done enough if I don't go for a ride of at least 20 miles.

On the other hand, the things that make it harder for me to go out are: A close encounter with a motor vehicle and bad weather, in that order. Sometimes I take days, even a couple of weeks to get back the nerve to go out cycling after an incident with a motor vehicle...... nothing depress me more I think.

Top Bottom