Does cycling affect your running ability?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've picked up running in prep for the two triathlon's this year. having started in November last year it was a shock that I couldn't run far, despite bike fitness. They're different muscle groups; it's now got better and I did a 10k for the first time in 25 years at the beginning of Feb.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Due to accident in my teens, I am unable to run. Its no great loss as I was completely f&%$(d after running the length of a football pitch before the accident :dance: Cycling has always made much more sense, if the big guy had wanted us to run, he wouldnt have let us invent the bike ! :bicycle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I like running and the OH bought me new trainers for our wedding anniversary. So far I have had 3 short runs, then it snowed. During the snow I fell and hurt my back and then I got the flu.
Next week I plan to start running again. Just a few 5 - 10 minute runs to start with and then build it up to runs of 20 -25 minutes.

I tend to train using the G.O.A.D.I.C.O.N.S. method as its less embarrassing with my wobbly bum.
(Going Out After Dark In Case Our Neighbours See)

Sandra6

Veteran
So you run away from imaginary and perceived threats? That's some paranoia you've got going on there!! :laugh:

But it feels real when they're growling in my ear.
Saluki, if you're new to running or getting back into it you could try the run a minute, walk a minute approach so you build up gradually.

Top Bottom