Does God exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

striker said:
one word, one faith, one truth.

Well, that's all a bit wrong is it not? How does that explain the same god but different religions?

And the "truth" bit is all wrong....

Jaded said:
the most sensible post yet.

Living in a certain way helps all of us.

However, using that 'certain way' to frighten people, build stupidly big useless structures, enrich a select few, make others strap explosives round them, build an army to go off on a crusade, set off into Africa to convert the heathens, put the fear of the Sky Fairy into people etc. is despicable.

which Certain way can help us all and frighten at the same time?

I do not know of any god or any unaltered wrightings of any religion that tell any of us to go off and kill or be killed. But still Hundreds of millions have died in the name of a god.

striker

Noodley said:
Well, that's all a bit wrong is it not? How does that explain the same god but different religions?

why 'same god'?

also why is the 'truth' bit all wrong?

col

Legendary Member
Noodley said:

Isnt that different cultures?

striker

col said:
Isnt that different cultures?

no. there are more fundamental differences than that in my opinion

Jaded

striker said:
okay so some how, once upon a time, there was a caterpillar which got 'munged' into the known universe. glad to get that cleared up

Now I understand why you need god.

You can't understand what I was talking about. :biggrin:

striker

spandex said:
Striker how have we gone from god to a caterpillar???

good question. Jaded seemed to think that the primordial mess that the universe was created from was a butterfly that evolved from a caterpillar.

"How about the primordial mess is a bit like a butterfly.

Before the mess it was a caterpillar. Then it all got mashed up and made into a butterfly."

Now i kind of find that hard to believe.:biggrin:

Jaded

striker said:
i've already said.

its summed up by that famous/infamous bible reference John 3:16

now whats your truth?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."?

So, when your heart stops and your brain dies a few seconds later, god lets you have 42 virgins?

Or have I got that a bit wrong?

Top Bottom