Does your workplace provide indoor or outdoor cycle parking?

Where is your cycle parked whilst you're at work?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gregsid

I'm fortunate in that our workplace offers secure indoor parking for bikes. However, I deliver to many other factories and there's a lot where the bike parking is outside and even totally uncovered.

What about your work place?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Yes - indoor bike racks in a car park under the building. Very lucky, I know.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I work for the Council !!!!!

We get a hand rail

9c14f71f.jpg

Tommi

I work right next to Dominion Theatre and while there is quiet a few sheffield stands near and very near they're not really provided by my workplace, as far as I know. Maybe I/they are just lucky?

corshamjim

We have a covered set of Sheffield Stands in a car-park bristling with CCTV so it's pretty secure - it's a low-crime area too. I'm very lucky. :thumbsup:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
6 sheffield stands and 5 cycle lockers under the building in the car park and a few sheffield stands in two other locations outside (versus 600 car parking spaces if people are interested). Although the car park isn't as 'closed' as other car parks under buildings, I think on the whole given they've made enough of an effort with the location and there being some lockers (nowhere near enough) and a CCTV camera literally pointing at it I'll classify it as 'indoors'. As someone who has surveyed cycle parking it's better than average and certainly better than quite a few other buildings the company owns :thumbsup:. A bit worried we'll lose them in a few months with some renovation work.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
The place I work at has excellent bike facilities. They have sheffield stands wintin an enclose and locked area. Also have shower facilities.

Just a shame Im 65 miles away so the commute would be a bit too much before a 10 hour shift!

Cubist

Still wavin'
A garage adapted to hold six plus plenty of room around the walls for more.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes - indoor bike racks in a car park under the building. Very lucky, I know.

Ditto but also takes motorbikes so space can be a bit limited and there are only 6 of those useless little metal things to lock bikes to - they are also up high so have to jam the rear wheel in and balance the bike on the front wheel, rather precarious. It is very secure, blipper operated shutter, CCTV and the bikes are down a couple of levels. Don't really need to lock them, I bought a lock from Poundland to leave there, more I feel that I should lock the bike rather than have to!

Hip Priest

Veteran
We have an underground car park that has a couple of racks, but it's for top brass only, as the fobs to get in costs £70-80 and they refuse to just hand them out to anyone. Therefore my bike is parked on a bike rack in the middle of the city. They've recently announced that they're doing the Cycle to Work scheme. I emailed HR and pointed out that nobody's going to want to buy an expensive bike when they have to park it in the street right by the Bigg Market. I also added that with the firm constantly looking to promote it's green credentials, it might want to encourage staff to cycle in by allowing them access to the prking facilities. Heard nowt back yet.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Wheelbenders outside and annoyingly at the far end of the building to the door, but it's a seriously secure site and they are under a small roof shelter, so pretty reasonable

Holdsworth

Über Member
We have pretty much nothing to lock our bike against at my work, not that there are many cyclists working there, maybe 4 or 5 on a nice sunny day including me.

We get a tin shelter that has no racks in it, just the supporting posts to lock up to, can be tricky with a small d-lock as I end up blocking the motorbikes in as my front end sticks out by 3-4 ft. I could point it the other way but I like to keep the gubbins at the back under shelter.

I wouldn't mind a purpose built cycle only shelter and there are plenty of places to put one but our company (okay I work for an agency who employ people to work where I do) don't really give a toss. Bikes are completely banned from going beyond the security barrier because of lorries in the yard yet cars are allowed in and are provided with a huge car park that is quite a bit closer to the offices than the "bike sheds".

Both - covered Sheffield stands outside and a secure indoor bike shed with more Sheffield stands. I tend to use the outside ones though, especially at this time of year - unfortunately the placement of the stands in the indoor shed isn't particularly good and there isn't really enough room on each stand, so manoeuvring round the other bikes is a pain.

Warehouse. Bike is left unlocked.
BUT. Thers only circa 20 people in the office (small warehouse is part of the building) on a bit out of the way industrial estate, and I'm the only one who cycles in.

Actually, I might cause a teeny bit of offense if I did lock it.

Top Bottom