Dog attacked by a crow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I missed the actual impact on account of a large tree, but I did see the thing swoop down from the trees, and then a yelp from behind this big tree, and then it flew up and away, and my dog emerged, back to me for a bit of comfort and sympathy, with a sort of 'WTF - did you see that?' look on her face. Totally unprovoked. Weird. Dog's fine BTW, thanks.

They're murder.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The was a commotion in the garden yesterday; a squawk and screech. Seemed the cat had had a go at a seagull or the other way round. Anyhow both thought better of it and made a tactical retreat in opposite directions.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Konrad Lorenz describes being attacked by crows in his book on animal behaviour, King Solomon's Ring. He is walking back from swimming in the river and is carrying his wet black swimming costume hanging limply in one hand; he believes the crows mistake it for one of their number and attack him.

While checking Wiki to remind myself of the book title I came across this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobbing_(animal_behavior)

Crows can be fiercely protective when nesting.

Australian Magpies (completely different species to European magpies) are notorious for doing this. One of the upsides to the compulsory helmet laws, they protect your head from swoops.

jhawk

Veteran
My dog spent five minutes following a squirrel across a treeline today...

He then tried to climb the tree and fell spectacularly - like an idiot.

Thankfully, he hasn't done the same to a crow yet, as before, crows are murder!

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
There's a part of my morning walk with the mutt where he regularly gets attacked by a nesting crow. Same tree every year for the last 3 or 4 years at this time of year. Funny as hell to watch him running up the track towards me being chased by a crow..

Levo-Lon

Guru
Crows often hassel the Red Kites at Wakerley and Fineshade woods when we are biking there..
They get well shirty..

Top Bottom