Dog toys that last.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Border terrier food giver here. Kong only survivors. The Michelin man type food giving toy, boring! She isn't interested unless food is in there but that only lasts a minute at most. There's a big, black ball from Kong with a hole for feeding. She'll play with that at my parents. They bought it after our dog found my sister's dog's rubber ball and spent one evening shredding it around my m parents house. That was one of those heavy, rubber balls that once the dog gets into it is a small cell foam. The result was my parents under various furniture hand picking up the pieces because no vacuum could ever pick it up.

We once bought a tough soft toy duck that the manufacturer claimed it was indestructible. Should have Taken that back. Our Border Terrierist tore it open, pulled the squeaker bulb out and shredded it. Apparently that squeaker would work even when punctured and dad indestructible. She finished that indestructible toy off in 5 minutes finishing with the now non speaking toy being torn apart.

Tennis balls? They skin them like killed animals then once fully skinned she tears the rubber innards apart. Cheap, dog ones and expensive actual tennis ones. Except there was a certain make of tennis balls, she nicked it from my dad who played back then without his or our knowledge, that she never destroyed. She was strangely protect of that one.

Impressive dog ours. She finds my sister's dog's toys and treats that were lost months ago when we visit. On a local walk she suddenly bolted forward about 50 metres or more, dug down into the ground and came up with an old tennis ball. Seriously, it was 50m away and buried in the ground and undergrowth! She's an expert ball thief. And first thing she does when visiting houses with dogs in she goes to their food bowls and empties them.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ebay do rope-based dog toys, usually a set of ten for about a tenner. I run a dog boarding business, and these things last a few weeks of near-continuous chewing by various dogs.

Kajjal

Guru
It really depends on the dog, our terrier destroys all dog toys within minutes at most. The retriever has toys that last months assuming their smaller friend isn’t interested.

Mrs M

Guru
Only surviving Kong toy is Oscar’s “twirly stick”
Big teddy has been killed and his face resembles Oscar’s gummy look.
Another expensive toy in the bin!

gbb

Legendary Member
im sat chuckling as I read posts above :laugh:
Digby, choc lab just under 1 year old loves, in capitals, to chew toys.
Rope toys, great fun, shreds them all over the house. Each one lasts maybe a week .
Kong ripoff, cost £3, pink colour, lasted better than anything we ever brought. B&M stores but they never restocked them sadly.
Brought another Kong ripoff, black rubber this time, lasted days, he'd started on the inside, worked his way out.
Every other kind of toy, Teddys, bones, the rubber twirly stick bone above...last sometimes minutes before he's worked out how to destroy them :whistle::laugh:! Literally minutes sometimes.
Leather panel footballs, he's had two, great great things, shakes them, really likes them, opens them up in less than a day but happily plays for another week or so with the increasingly shredded remains
Just brought an original Kong tyre, 5 minutes, he's eating out the inner rim already. £12...minutes later, its already showing distress....but not as much as my wallet is :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member

Kong, 10 minutes out of the pqckqging, i will give it a week before its shredded.

Scooby Doo ball, brilliant because its too big to chew, loves to chase it round the house, constantly drops it at your feet for you to throw.

Why you little :boxing::becool::laugh:

Not brilliant photos, old tablet i'm using.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Cats?

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Whenever we get our dog a soft toy, it quickly resembles a war crime. Even "tough" rubber toys don't last long. Balls are the only thing she doesn't chew to destruction.

IMG_20210610_095637.jpg

IMG_20210610_095629.jpg

IMG_20210610_095554.jpg

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
About 3 months ago we went to the garden centre and bought a dried cow's ear for my partners dog (he's Bichon Frise/Westy/Shitzu/Heinz), he started off well but has still only chewed 25% of it. He's no Rotty I know, but it's so hard he's given up. Have you tried that?

Top Bottom