Dog walkers - a question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Where we used to live one neighbours dog crapped in another neighbours garden. She shovelled it up, rang neighbours bell and when they answered she dumped it on the step saying "here, this is yours".
Not sure I would have hade the bottle but it was a wonderful moment.

Must admit, i've never had to put up with dogs crapping on my lawn.... apart from my dog of course.
Cat crap is a different story.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have only ever done this once, (left at the side of the track not hanging on the tree), I normally do a circular walk, but on holiday it was a straight track there & back, I would leave it until I came back, in the end I stopped doing it because I would walk straight past it & forget about it until I got back to the cottage, I would then have to walk back again to fetch it :laugh:

pawl

Legendary Member
When I had a dog I used to take her for her long walks I usually took her to open public spaces Plenty of poo bins around. If I walked her in the village the council litter bins allowed you to deposit poo bags in those bins.Stillto much trouble for some though.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I was in the woods and on the South Downs on the MTB today, which has many fewer people than usual for obvious reasons, but still had a number of bikers and walkers doing their daily exercise.
I was struck, not for the first time, by how many dog owners had bagged up their dogs' excrement and either left it on the side of the path or hung it like a molecatcher's trophy, on the fences and hedgerows.
I don't think it's a local issue only to my neck of the woods - at least I hope not.
I've never owned a dog so I wonder if those who do, could enlighten me as to the logic of going to the trouble of bagging it, only to leave it preserved in plastic for the duration.
Leaving it al fresco, which also happens, is equally disgusting but I suppose it does at least degrade in time.
This dog owner is equally mystified and annoyed by the practice. Do people think the fairies will pick it up for them?

I accidentally trod on a bag that had been left once. You think stepping in the fresh stuff is nasty?......xx(xx(xx(

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My friends walk their dogs every day in the woods near us. They hang their poo bags on branches and collect them on the return loop. More pleasant that carrying it around with them and nothing wrong with that.
Except for any unsuspecting children playing in the trees, or cyclists who brush into the branches when passing walkers wider, or if it blows off the (maybe snapped) branch.

Turning dog shoot into body-height bombs is foul, worse than leaving it on the floor unbagged. Just carry it, you lazy shoots.

Except for any unsuspecting children playing in the trees, or cyclists who brush into the branches when passing walkers wider, or if it blows off the (maybe snapped) branch.

Turning dog shoot into body-height bombs is foul, worse than leaving it on the floor unbagged. Just carry it, you lazy shoots.

I am sure they would treat such outcomes as a bonus on their walk. :rolleyes:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Bolton Council have come up with a brilliant plan to stop this behaviour...
All public bins under their responsibility have been sealed up in the wake of Corona Virus. Brilliant!
I ended up carrying Tara's backside deposits around for an hour till I got home.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Forestry commission advice is not to bag for exactly this hanging bag reason, but to make sure it's not in anyone's way and leave it al fresco.

It's what I do out in the countryside*.

*Proper countryside, that is.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
it‘s not just the never ending piles of $hit though is it. It’s the relentless, non-stop bloody barking, the mauling/ killing livestock dogs do, the fact that it now seems to be THE LAW that you have to own at least one of the bloody things in the UK and the rest of us just have to put up with it. I may have to hand in my British citizenship for saying this, but this mad obsession with the wretched creatures is bonkers.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
If we’ve walked a fair distance past the bin I bag and drop at the base of a particular signpost sometimes, but always collect on the way back. Like others, I’m mystified by the low hanging fruit phenomenon.

lane

Veteran
I don't have a dog. But I have until recently gone with my daughter to walk dogs at a rescue. I take a carrier bag and put any poo bags in it which I find easier and more pleasant than carrying the individual bags, and easier if we have two dogs can end up with several bags. Why don't people just do that?

GM

Legendary Member
When I take the dog out l just carry the poo bag unit I find a bin. Sometimes it's 2 bags if we go further. When wifey takes him out she puts the poo bag in her backpack that she keeps just for the dog stuff, wet wipes and water bottle and a spare ball.

Top Bottom