Dogs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4473247, member: 9609"]

And that is a notoriously busy Northumberland beach, between Seahouses and Bamberg,

[/QUOTE]

'Notoriously busy' - are you having a laugh ?

We were on Bamburgh beach just 5 weeks ago . . . which was when I took these photos . . .

Bamburgh 1.jpg

Here's a pic of my missus and pooch on the notoriously busy beach . . .

Bamburgh 2.jpg

pubrunner

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4473247, member: 9609"]

And that is a notoriously busy Northumberland beach, between Seahouses and Bamberg, here is far better, location 'x', North Northumberland taken when the mutt was a few years younger
dogandsand_7577_zpspzce9ppz.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Great pic, btw . . . . . . . but where is it ? . . . I promise not to tell.

TrishE

Über Member
IMG-20160909-WA0006.jpeg
IMAG1290.jpg
I've got my first dog pickle when I was 12 she died when I was 24 and I went to pieces got another from the rspca called Sootie, when she died I said never again but a year later got my yorkie pip who's 13 and being kept going with antibiotics and steroids now. I can't bear it taking him to the vet weekly and don't think he'll last much longer. I got Bonnie last year by the time I lose her I should be coming up to retirement so thinking I won't have another so I can go off on me bike without being tied, although I take them with me when I go places and I get compliments on their behaviour as all my dogs have been taught to ignore people etc.

I've met dog owners who when I'm cycling with Bonnie running alongside encourage theirs on an extending lead to approach to say hello, I keep going and Bonnie ignores them. It's surprising how many people put their off lead dog on a lead when they see us approach and then really struggle to hold it, I've stopped before now until I feel sure we won't get injured. I'm sure those dogs don't feel secure and know their place in life maybe not kissed, cuddled and told they're loved enough :wub::smile:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Those missing g out on a Cornish holiday because of the dog take heed: We hired a small holiday bungalow just North of Camelford in August. Less than 500 quid for the week. We spent the entire holiday walking the dog, on the Camel trail, on Bodmin Moor and on the North Cornwall beaches. I googled "dog friendly beaches Cornwall" to find that of all the beaches in Cornwall, only 7 actually have any restrictions. I also discovered that Labradors can body surf.

Kajjal

Guru
Main thing is the dog is well socialized, exercised and looked after. As long as they know they are not close to being pack leader and any poor behavior quickly stopped they will be fine. Ours has the run of the house and pretty much does what it wants as it is not destructive and is well behaved. As a terrier it still has its moments but that is to be expected, if you want a quiet life with a dog get a lab.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
As a terrier it still has its moments but that is to be expected, if you want a quiet life with a dog get a lab.

"Fox-terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs are, and it will take years and years of patient effort on the part of us Christians to bring about any appreciable reformation in the rowdiness of the fox-terrier nature." - Jerome K. Jerome, Three Men in a Boat

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Personally, I'd far rather see indignation and contempt for those dog owners who breed indiscriminately, whether it's on puppy farms, people who thoughtlessly refuse to get their dogs neutered, or who deliberately breed to enhance certain features that are considered fashionable but actually lead to future generations being deformed.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I miss my Cairn Terrier every day and he died in 2007. I went a while without an animal heartbeat in the house but decided 2 years ago a house is not a home without them so i rescued my eldest cat. Earlier this year i rescued a kitten known commonly on this forum as the ginger ninja.

All my animals have been very much part of the family. All know their place and all know my weak spots which they exploit continuously.

If you don't feel that way about animals that is fine by me just respect and treat them kindly if and when you do come into contact with them and we will be fine.

If you don't however, expect a visit:becool:

Top Bottom