Dolan FXE

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Ordered a new frame last night.
First a bit of a back story......
I wanted a new single speed and was thinking about a Mercian frame. Thing is I already have a geared Mercian bike and a Lee Cooper steel single speed so did I really want another steely.
After much thought I’ve decided to go for an Aluminium frame with carbon forks. A lot cheaper I know but the idea is with the money saved I can splash out on expensive parts like carbon bars and seat post and build a nice lightweight winter trainer.
I’ve had a good look round the web and came across the Dolan frame. Takes brakes, has 2 water bottle bosses and can also fit full mudguards which is a real plus on a bike used through winter.
So last night I pushed the button and ordered the frame and forks and also a Sugino RD2 crank.
I’ll post pics of the build here as and when I get the parts. I’m in no rush to get this on the road ASAP so I’m going to take my time with this
E1833FFA-F7B8-4928-BEE4-AFC0806D34D7.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
Nice frame!

OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
@jayonabike are they drill at both ends for brakes ?

How is the Lee Cooper doing ?
Yes it’s drilled for front and rear brakes and has brake cable guides on the top tube.
The Lee Cooper is great, such a smooth ride. It’s the bike I’ve been using the most recently. I’ve been riding it to work then swapping over the flat pedals for spd-sl for longer Sunday morning rides.

biggs682

Smile a mile bike provider
Yes it’s drilled for front and rear brakes and has brake cable guides on the top tube.
The Lee Cooper is great, such a smooth ride. It’s the bike I’ve been using the most recently. I’ve been riding it to work then swapping over the flat pedals for spd-sl for longer Sunday morning rides.
That's good on both answers , must admit i always enjoyed it as well

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Looking forward to finding out how it rides on the road!

It looks super stiff; you might have to grit your teeth but it should pick up well...

OP
jayonabike

jayonabike