Dolan FXE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Ordered a new frame last night.
First a bit of a back story......
I wanted a new single speed and was thinking about a Mercian frame. Thing is I already have a geared Mercian bike and a Lee Cooper steel single speed so did I really want another steely.
After much thought I’ve decided to go for an Aluminium frame with carbon forks. A lot cheaper I know but the idea is with the money saved I can splash out on expensive parts like carbon bars and seat post and build a nice lightweight winter trainer.
I’ve had a good look round the web and came across the Dolan frame. Takes brakes, has 2 water bottle bosses and can also fit full mudguards which is a real plus on a bike used through winter.
So last night I pushed the button and ordered the frame and forks and also a Sugino RD2 crank.
I’ll post pics of the build here as and when I get the parts. I’m in no rush to get this on the road ASAP so I’m going to take my time with this
E1833FFA-F7B8-4928-BEE4-AFC0806D34D7.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
Nice frame!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Smart; looks like a proper road frame as well, not a track frame with horizontal chainstays.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
@jayonabike are they drill at both ends for brakes ?

How is the Lee Cooper doing ?
Yes it’s drilled for front and rear brakes and has brake cable guides on the top tube.
The Lee Cooper is great, such a smooth ride. It’s the bike I’ve been using the most recently. I’ve been riding it to work then swapping over the flat pedals for spd-sl for longer Sunday morning rides.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes it’s drilled for front and rear brakes and has brake cable guides on the top tube.
The Lee Cooper is great, such a smooth ride. It’s the bike I’ve been using the most recently. I’ve been riding it to work then swapping over the flat pedals for spd-sl for longer Sunday morning rides.

That's good on both answers , must admit i always enjoyed it as well

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Looking forward to finding out how it rides on the road!

It looks super stiff; you might have to grit your teeth but it should pick up well...

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike