DOMS chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I'm thinking of buying some magnesium oil spray to rub into my legs. It's supposed to be good for DOMS and to aid sleep. Any one used it? What else is great for DOMS? I've tried Epsom salts which did nothing so I'm sceptical about mag oil spray.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have a warm bath with some Radox before bed :smile:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Sauna / steam room can help post exercise. A good varied diet should be enough to replenish body's chemical balance.

Other than that just give it time. DOMS only really lasts for 2 or 3 weeks when new exerciser or returning from a long break.

thecube

Never heard of that, I think having good levels of Mg in your diet might help a little. Avoiding it in the first place is best. So, post exercise stretching / recovery. I also like to keep active within 48 h or more extreme exercise, so it helps the blood flow through the body. But sometimes it will happen and it just takes time. I'm not convinced at all by the cryo-therapy treatment.

vickster

Legendary Member
Used muscle soak and I want my money back. If some powder in hot water can mend you then you must ride harder I suppose.
Do you stretch after cycling? Try that too asap after getting off the bike

I don't ride very hard or long these days cos I'm crocked

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Do you stretch after cycling? Try that too asap after getting off the bike

I don't ride very hard or long these days cos I'm crocked
Never stretch :sad: If you have micro tears they need to heal. Stretching should help but not take DOMS away entirely.

thecube

I've heard that taking ibuprofen helps. But I still think avoidance is best. Once you have it you just need time. I only get it after a long period of inactivity followed by strenuous exercise.

vickster

Legendary Member
Never stretch :sad: If you have micro tears they need to heal. Stretching should help but not take DOMS away entirely.
You should stretch, everything from hips to feet :smile: Try it, see if it helps, doing neck stretches and mobilisations might help your numb hands too...as well as working on your core...many swear by pilates

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I usually only get doms if the ride is harder than usual, and it usually only lasts 24 - 48 hours.

Top Bottom