Donald Trump is virtually skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

C'mon Accy, there can't be ANYONE on cyclechat that has an opposing view regarding the 🍊 🤡 Trump!

I have an American friend who has been a was a virulent Trump supporter for years with daily comments of Facebook etc, even he has gone quiet over the last month or so.

This particular thread is discussing his finances, we don't have an Accounting section, so Chat will have to do !
No it's not it's the darkside once again showing their disrespect for the board owners decisions

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Oh look,another political thread in the supposed 'friendly' cafe,disguised as a 'only 'avin' a laugh' thread!:rolleyes:
There are some on here who have vindictive,jealous thoughts 24/7.Why not keep your thoughts to this thread. https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/i-think-trump-deserves-his-own-thread.229432/
It's there so you can post hateful comments all day long without fear of having to read opposing views.:okay:
I agree that a second Trump thread was unnecessary but I disagree that any right minded person would seek to defend Trump.

You start the “in praise of Trump” thread and see how many positive replies you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as his 'wealth' goes - a lot of it was originally valued based on the value of the trump brand

which he has now managed to trash

how much he has got squirrelled away in tax havens is yet to be seen - but a lot of probably tied up in assets which have now far less value than before
e.g. a lot of people would previously have considered staying at one of his hotels to be a good idea - maybe a treat
now - I'm off down the Travel Lodge

So it all depends on money he has managed to keep separate from his businesses

and, of course, anything Melania has managed to ring fence for herself and Baron when she 're-negotiated' the pre nup before moving into the White House

if he snuffs it soon his will will be interesting - as will the infighting

Eziemnaik

Ăśber Member
I agree that a second Trump thread was unnecessary but I disagree that any right minded person would seek to defend Trump.

You start the “in praise of Trump” thread and see how many positive replies you get.
Not that I am defending Trump, but while paying 1000$ in tax seems (rightly so) obscene, it is the most common practice in wealthy estates. One can obviously say as a president he should be an example, but in practice the rulling classes across the world do the very same thing to a degree

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So back to the Money.
He paid under $1,000 per year in Taxes for the last few years.

Being the President of the USA is either a minimum wage job, or, he is guilty of Tax Avoidance.
He took no salary as president. Which is something that I applaud him for. Whether this is for tax reasons is unclear.

D

Deleted member 26715

Well in the United States if Merkinland 63 million voted for him in 2016 & 74 million last year, so despite the protestations some people appear to like him & what he he doing!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Well in the United States if Merkinland 63 million voted for him in 2016 & 74 million last year, so despite the protestations some people appear to like him & what he he doing!
In the same way that any Two Party system will always have a substantial base who vote come what may
It would be interesting to see how many votes he has lost since November.
If you want to defend any of his recent actions than be my guest.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Of those 74 million, how many would have voted for him if he had stood as an independant candidate? In other words, how many republican voters voted for him because they just couldn't vote for a democrat.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I hear a lot of ex prime ministers make a lot of money giving speeches. If you are worried about his finances, you could treat yourself by listening to one of the world's most erudite and clear-sighted political thinkers. Just hope his speeches won't be too dry. He should remember is audience.

D

Deleted member 26715

Of those 74 million, how many would have voted for him if he had stood as an independant candidate? In other words, how many republican voters voted for him because they just couldn't vote for a democrat.
Maybe you should ask them, rather than me, I can't vote in US elections, nor could I be President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom