Donald Trump is virtually skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think Trump once sued somebody because they said that he was actually worth a lot less than The Toddler claimed. He licences his "brand" on the back of his image that he is fabulously wealthy. That really puzzles me because I can't see any benefit of buying an apartment in a Trump Tower, or staying in a Trump hotel. Is it supposed to make me look wealthy, or just a sucker for being stiffed by the world's biggest spiv?

MntnMan62

Ɯber Member
Let's not overlook that his 4 years in charge have been America's most non confrontational in that country's history. Clinton, Obama,Bush....all loved playing the tough guy. Bush and that other war criminal Blair are monsters in my book!

Yes, and no. You're right that militarily we were involved in far less conflicts globally. But that could have been due to the fact that he was so pre-occupied with fighting with his allies and everyone else that he gave the enemy a pass. That or he was just too chicken xxxx to pull the trigger. After all, he did get deferred from serving in the military three times for his now infamous bone spurs. Again, that is just a deflection from what he has done. To forgive what he did, namely inciting the insurrection, is inexcusable. The pitch for healing is bogus. There cannot be healing until this maggot is made to be held responsible for what he's done. Frankly, while we're at it, we should hold him responsible for his entire presidency which has been one big giant failure.

Anyone want to buy a golden escalator? There might be one up for sale soon. šŸ˜‚
Isn't it an elevator ?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I'm thinking he made his grand entrance when he announced he was running for office on a golden escalator? Happy to be corrected.

MntnMan62

Ɯber Member
I'm thinking he made his grand entrance when he announced he was running for office on a golden escalator? Happy to be corrected.

You are correct. That gold escalator was in his Fifth Avenue building, Trump Tower. Ironically, and not surprisingly, he told his first lie in his political life at that announcement. When he addressed the applauding crowd he said, "Wow. Woah. That is some group of people. Thousands!ā€ In actuality there were a few dozen people lining the area where the escalator was and another few dozen down where the "event" was to take place. And clearly, he hasn't stopped lying since.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On a lighter note and slightly quite a bit off topic,i wonder how many of you have come close to a US Presidential cavalcade,like i have. Ok,it wasn't the President himself,but the Secretary Of States's entourage.:rolleyes: There i was one Friday morning,up my ladders shining windows on my round in Blackburn,when i spotted this black Limousine with a little USA flag on the front and plenty of police motorbikes surrounding it. I was about 40 yards away. How's about that then!

Here's a report of her visit to Blackburn all those years ago.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/721255.ill-tell-everyone-blackburn---condi/

On an even lighter note there's a virtual prize (a front row seat to yon Demoprats stolen inauguration if you wish...only joking,calm it!!,calm it!!:stop:) for the first to spot the not just once,but twice Beatles connection šŸ¤” in my post!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
On a lighter note and slightly quite a bit off topic,i wonder how many of you have come close to a US Presidential cavalcade,like i have. Ok,it wasn't the President himself,but the Secretary Of States's entourage.:rolleyes: There i was one Friday morning,up my ladders shining windows on my round in Blackburn,when i spotted this black Limousine with a little USA flag on the front and plenty of police motorbikes surrounding it. I was about 40 yards away. How's about that then!

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/721255.ill-tell-everyone-blackburn---condi/

On an even lighter note there's a virtual prize (a front row seat to yon Demoprats stolen inauguration if you wish...only joking,calm it!!,calm it!!:stop:) for the first to spot the not just once,but twice Beatles connection šŸ¤” in my post!
Got it.
"When I'm Cleaning Windows".
Or was that somebody else :wacko:

I might be able to beat that. Whilst living in Stockholm, I was riding along the cycling path when a cavalcade of about a dozen limousines and police cars drove past, not 20 yards away: I later discovered that it was President George Dubya Bush & co.
Incidentally, also in Stockholm, walking in the city centre I brushed shoulders with a suited gent - the then prime minister, Gƶran Persson, with no ā€™apparentā€™ minders in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom