Done it again. Ebay red mess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
Doesn't look to dissimilar to my black frame in the workshop.
Looks like rear dropouts are similar.
Should build into a nice machine.
Bargain at that price.

OP
OP
robsa

robsa

Über Member
Ok, due to brain fart. Ive put the grips on and forgotten to put on the sa trigger. Any ideas how i can get the grip off without mullering it. I dont want to bend the clip on the trigger because its a 4speed one and ive read somewhere they'r susceptible to distortion causing issues with gear changes.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Ok, due to brain fart. Ive put the grips on and forgotten to put on the sa trigger. Any ideas how i can get the grip off without mullering it. I dont want to bend the clip on the trigger because its a 4speed one and ive read somewhere they'r susceptible to distortion causing issues with gear changes.

Hair dryer on hot to soften the grip ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Insert a long thin screwdriver/barbeque skewer under the grip from the 'inside' end of the grip then poke the straw from the WD40/GT85 alongside and give it a goodish squirt as you slowly remove the straw and chosen implement and try to turn the grip backwards and forwards, it should come loose (if not repeat the above with a longer squirt) The grip can then be washed inside with neat washing up liquid and then rinsed in warm water until all traces of oil/soap are gone and once dry can be re-fitted.

Top Bottom