done my back in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The recumbent trike wont fit through my gate or shed door unless I pick it up , rotate it 90 degrees so that the front wheels will then fit through, well this morning I picked it up rotated it and OUCH, there I was with the front wheels half way through the door, I couldn't go forwards , backwards or put it down, took what seemed like for ever with small painful movements .

I do have long standing back problems and should really know better than do that, but I had given up on uprights and thought, yay:hyper:i found the answer in a recumbent, I was willing to risk taking the trouble with getting it in and out, well today it wasn't worth the risk:sad::sad:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
:sad: Keep taking the tablets......

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I would if I could get it out and get on it :cursing: allthough to be fair it has no rattles and is well made. I bought a new shifter on Saturday to do away with the twistgrip which I don't really get on with, I was getting it out to fit that as there isn't enough room to move around where I store it.

We made everything wider to fit , including fitting a second smaller door on the shed , it has a standard door and a 1/2 door , the trike fits through the garden gate ( now ) and into the shed or through the French windows to fit in the dining room via the conservatory .

Unfortunately that does not help or solve the immediate problem of a hurt back . One of my trikes lived in the back of the estate car for a year while I got around to sorting everything .

regards Emma

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry to hear this RR. Crap. Does this mean we have to put up with you being on the forum more? Sheesh. :eek:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You know those boards with wheels on that are used for moving heavy things, like car mechanics under cars? Mechanics' creepers. Maybe in future flip the trike onto its side on one or two of those to roll it through the gate or door? Might need to put ply boards or a ramp down too.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I have to lift the Trice out over SWMBO car if shes home. Bit of a PITA but gives me an upper body workout:laugh:

Elysian_Roads

Sorry to hear that @roadrash. Done my back a couple of times mid job (both times cutting laminate flooring over a workbench), so can sympathize with your situation today. One thing I learnt (apart from not to lay laminate flooring) was that I damaged my back a lot quicker the second time, so hope you take care with yours.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
its already fecked ...hence buying the recumbent the two discs above the surgery have failed since I had this done

Attachments

• IMG_0303 2.JPG
    IMG_0303 2.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 78
Top Bottom