done my back in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
From one long standing back sufferer to another I’m sorry to hear that @roadrash gws.

I'm another one with an iffy back.
I never know whether to take the minimum amount of painkillers.
I cannot do much which puts strain on the back before it goes but I'm only in pain for a few hours.
Or max out on painkillers.
Then I can do a lot more but when it finally goes, I'm laid up for a week.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
The problem with getting the trike out/in is , if you look at the photo, through the gate is an entry which is about 6" wider than the trike , about 3 feet through the gate on the left is the door to the shed/workshop/trike store, opposite the door is the wall of the house so not only do I have to lift the trike onto its side , I practically have to stand it on its end to get through the door, then still on its side to get through the gate on the photo.
I am not in a position to make any alterations, as far as moving doors etc is concerned.

.. IMG_1099.JPG

this is something I thought , yeah I will be ok with that, well its seems I'm not, so after a lot of thought last night , most of the night infact, I have come to the conclusion, it simply isn't worth the risk to my back , as said its already fecked, I don't want to feck it any more, I have nowhere else to keep it,so it looks like my recumbent time , as much I enjoyed it ,has come to an end:sad::sad: at least I have experienced it.

anyone want to buy a trike:cry:seriusly , it will be in the for sale section later

as far as cycling goes I will ride an upright occasionally, at least I can get it out without risk of hurting myself.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The problem with getting the trike out/in is , if you look at the photo, through the gate is an entry which is about 6" wider than the trike , about 3 feet through the gate on the left is the door to the shed/workshop/trike store, opposite the door is the wall of the house so not only do I have to lift the trike onto its side , I practically have to stand it on its end to get through the door, then still on its side to get through the gate on the photo.
I am not in a position to make any alterations, as far as moving doors etc is concerned.

.. View attachment 398759

this is something I thought , yeah I will be ok with that, well its seems I'm not, so after a lot of thought last night , most of the night infact, I have come to the conclusion, it simply isn't worth the risk to my back , as said its already fecked, I don't want to feck it any more, I have nowhere else to keep it,so it looks like my recumbent time , as much I enjoyed it ,has come to an end:sad::sad: at least I have experienced it.

anyone want to buy a trike:cry:seriusly , it will be in the for sale section later

as far as cycling goes I will ride an upright occasionally, at least I can get it out without risk of hurting myself.
Asguard bike storage thingy where the bin sits in the photo?

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I had thought about that but ,I wouldn't trust it being on view at the front , there is a park straight opposite my front door which while great for the kids during the day , very often has an altogether different type of user at night time at the weekend.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

.. View attachment 398759 [...]
I'm still not seeing why flipping it onto a mechanics' creeper or two wouldn't work. I guess RR has me on ignore. Maybe someone else would like to suggest/ask without quoting me?

Elysian_Roads

That's a blow, @roadrash. Can see it would be a serious piece of work to modify that entrance. Hoping that your back stays ok so you can get out on an upright as often as possible.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
I'm still not seeing why flipping it onto a mechanics' creeper or two wouldn't work. I guess RR has me on ignore. Maybe someone else would like to suggest/ask without quoting me?

I don't have anyone on ignore , I cant explain any easier than I already have done, there simply isn't room to use a creeper ,and a 8"step out of the storage area, believe me, if that was a workable solution I would do it , I appreciate the suggestion

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't have anyone on ignore , I cant explain any easier than I already have done, there simply isn't room to use a creeper ,and a 8"step out of the storage area, believe me, if that was a workable solution I would do it , I appreciate the suggestion
Steps can be overcome with ramps, but I guess the photo may be foreshortening and so I hadn't appreciated the space was so limited. Shame :sad:

No-one nearby with storage space to sublet?

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage

Seriously I reckon your insurance would approve such a shed for your trike. Assuming there's one that would fit your trike and the available space.

Put it this way, if your insurance company accepts the asgard, police approved cycle shed at sufficient security for your trike then of some scrote nicks it you'll at least get a pay out for it from your insurers. Get it in writing from your insurers first.

It's worth considering to keep you on your trike. I mean your back will always be better off on your trike than upright.

Whatever you do I hope you get well soon and are still able to ride something.

Top Bottom