done my back in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't give up at the first, or second hurdle.

It was a way back into cycling after what happened. Besides we've still to see pictures of you actually using it.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
oh I'm not giving up I intend to look at folding trikes in the near future see if they are any easier to manhandle in and out , I have to be realistic about it , my backs fecked as it is and its only going to go one way and its not for the better ,I don't want to help it along, I have a degenerative condition of the spine , but the bastard wont beat me without a fight.

I saw a trike designed to be easy to move on it's rear wheels. Designed to be stored vertically. A Hase IIRC. Not sure if it does. The website I saw had a guy holding it vertically but he was a young guy but I'd expect a delta trike might work for you.

Otherwise HPV gekko trike IIRC is a folding tadpole trike that's compact. I have an old HPV streetmachine GT that's well made and I like a lot. A very good brand IMHO.

I'm glad you're still looking for a way to make trikes work for you. Don't give up on the dark side!

I'd worry about hurting my bike on a two wheeled recumbent if I had a bad back. On mine I have to sit up to set off then slip back into the seat. It's not a perfect fit for me the seat. I also think I work the core muscles too on it. I assume a trike doesn't have the same twisting of the core to keep balance.

That's just my limited experience, I could be wrong.

fatjel

Veteran
I understand how you feel. I bought my trike after breaking a collar bone.
Had to pick it up one handed and get it through the back gate on its side .
Possibly why my collarbone still feels a bit disjointed two years on
Have 40 x 20 ft shed now tho still won’t roll through the door.
Ice do / did a narrow trice which might fit thru ?

from previous research l think there is only l that folds 2 dimensionally that is in a small production run , it uses smaller wheels and is inversely expensive . even my project x folds in one plane but as an e-trike , catching it awkwardly would put my back out. during the summer months it lives in the boot of the estate car.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any mileage in riding a full suspension MTB - more upright and stops the bone jarring ride - mine has made a huge difference - I can ride it for a few hours, can't do that with the rigid MTB, or indeed the road bike on a turbo - I can hardly get off the road bike on the turbo, even after half an hour.

I'd also recommend a dropper post as I can't flex my back as well as I could so swinging a leg over a modern MTB is difficult after a while (I just drop the post before getting off - modern MTB's are MASSIVE). My back's not as knackered as your's but speaking from experience coming back from it being broken badly, and having half a vertebrae missing ?

Skyblot

How about a Greenspeed Anura? Delta trike and the wheel track is narrow enough to fit through the average doorway. Move it around by picking up the front wheel and towing it - easy. And store standing up on it's tail.
Probably expensive and rare as hens teeth in the UK.

Top Bottom