Don't Ask Me How I Know This........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
..............but regularly checking the tightness of the machine screws which hold your cleats in place may well be a good idea. Otherwise, hypothetically of course, you may end up trying and failing to get off your bike in front of 40 or 50 friends, who wouldn't laugh very much at all........and then having to undo the shoe, take your foot out, and hop to the workshop across shingle to get some tools. Hypothetically.

I wouldn't want that to happen to you. It could be embarrassing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Many of us know how you know this you know. We may even know how you know this knowing how ourselves.

..............but regularly checking the tightness of the machine screws which hold your cleats in place may well be a good idea. Otherwise, hypothetically of course, you may end up trying and failing to get off your bike in front of 40 or 50 friends, who wouldn't laugh very much at all........and then having to undo the shoe, take your foot out, and hop to the workshop across shingle to get some tools. Hypothetically.

I wouldn't want that to happen to you. It could be embarrassing.
:rofl:

Matthames

Über Member
Also the bolts for the cleats are an M5x12 counter sunk. I got a batch load of these after one went missing which resulted in a clipless moment.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Use thread lock, it solves the problem

t_16822.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ha ha. What a big fule!

I can also imagine - hypothetically - someone having to walk through a railway station in one white-socked foot, with the shoe firmly attached to the pedal. How amusing that would look. If, of course, it ever happened :whistle:

I check tightness, and also have spares in my tool bag now.:thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah yes, this happened to Gti Junior when he replaced his cleats but didn't appreciate the importance of the old English engineering term "F*** off tight". We stopped at a car park and I was amused to see the poor lad circling, increasingly distressed and calling for help, as both his cleats were rotating on his shoes, two of the three bolts having dropped out. I had to go and catch him then hold the bike while he removed his shoes!

Top Bottom