Don't Ask Me How I Know This........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Happened to me twice, luckily no witnesses

GrasB

Veteran
Also check for cracks in the plastic of road cleats... no reason to know that if they crack they tend to float around randomly not letting you unclip etc... no reason at all... :whistle:

montage

God Almighty
Happened to me during a cyclocross race dismounting before the barriers. Fortunately had a spare bike to use in the pits - only problem was I had to borrow my brother's right trainer for half a lap until he fixed my shoe!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
This happened to me once, thankfully I was still moving when I realised what was going on so used my other foot to stop on for the last couple of miles home. I walked in the house with one shoe still attached to the bike lol

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I think the pain is directly proportional to the number of cyclist observers.

Not sure that I agree......at least if they're cyclists they probably are thinking poor sod I'm glad it's not me (or I remember when that happened to me!)
When you do it in front of about 200 random visitors at Sandringham who are not cyclists, then you just look like a complete pillock!!!! (This is also hypothetical - but I am glad I ride a recumbent trike now!)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was on 98 miles of my very first 100 mile ride... My clips were perfectly secured, as was the rest of my cleatage...
Luckily for me no one on the passing bus or cars would have noticed that, as my legs had turned to jelly at this point, I couldn't unclip in time as a car loomed into sight and I did an 'exit stage left'.
Obviously, as there are no pics, it didn't actually happen!

:whistle:

Top Bottom