Don't go up there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Although he is crossing double whites in order to make the overtake.

Agreed, no way they should have gone up the inside, lorry should be enough reason, lorry plus solid wall, not even a bad escape route. No way at all. But if the lorry driver had had an ounce of anticipation, or care he shouldn't have overtaken them in the first place. It's pretty obvious that they were making better progress than the lorry and the lorry achieves next to nothing by making the overtake and then stopping. Poor driving.

I agree, particularly as it is vanishingly unlikely the lorry driver was unaware of what happened a week earlier.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cant see how the lorry driver is expected to know what happened there last week.

The last cyclist to go up the Inside seemed really unsteady on her bike. I have no idea why she would want to go in that gap.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I cant see how the lorry driver is expected to know what happened there last week.

I'm not expecting the lorry driver to know about the previous fatal accident, but I reckon it's all but certain he does.

It made plenty of news in London, if not Copenhagen.

It will have been the hot topic in lorry yards around the capital.

Not to mention lots of chatter on forums.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
You'd kind of hope the people handing out the jobs would be pointing out, 'oh, a cyclist was killed by a tipper truck through here a week ago, keep an eye out' if only for their own reputation. I'm pretty sure if we were going somewhere on campus someone had died within a week previous, it'd be mentioned. Even if only in an 'it looks bad for us' type way. If it's not happening, well would say something by its omission if you asked me.

manalog

Über Member

Last night on my way home heading South, as I approached London Bridge Station a woman on a white Electric Bike just in front of me to my left decided to go side by side with a left indicating Black Jeep. I shouted at her to watch out but she just carried on. Lucky for her there was a passenger in the car and the window was down and the Driver must have heard me, instead of pulling a left he drove passed Tooley street and stopped and turned left. Very stupid thing to do specially when she was going straight on.

StuartG

slower but further
Gaz, of course, was exemplary in holding back and taking primary.

I wonder having seen that I'd be tempted to move over and block the squeeze route for any following riders. It would mean a vehicle could come up to my right and could try and hook me. Its a difficult one.

Reactions: gaz

S.Giles

Where can I get one of those camera thingies so that I can go around bellowing orders at other road-users when I'm out cycling? I want that warm fuzzy feeling of superiority that comes from always being right (and proving it on YouTube).

Also, could I set up my operation here in Scunthorpe, or would I really need to move to London?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Where can I get one of those camera thingies so that I can go around bellowing orders at other road-users when I'm out cycling? I want that warm fuzzy feeling of superiority that comes from always being right (and proving it on YouTube).

Also, could I set up my operation here in Scunthorpe, or would I really need to move to London?
Waa waa waa, don't like them, don't watch them.

Origamist

Legendary Member

You don't need a camera when you can happily post warm, fuzzy and self-satisfied replies on CycleChat. It's a cheaper way to feel supercilious and there's no chance that you might help someone in the process. Double-win.

crazyjoe101

It's hard for me to believe how people will do stuff as dumb as that; but it's depressing to think that regardless of how much education or regulation you could ever throw at cyclists, someone will always ride alongside a massive vehicle to save a few seconds.

Top Bottom