Don't go up there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
Why would they do that?! That looked terrifying! That's the sort of road that I'd just hang back and go with the traffic.

Exile

A whole lot of MGIF in such a short clip. Truck driver could've held back, but the two cyclists didn't do themselves any favours by literally squeezing down the side to save a few seconds.

Sure, we can all make a mistake and filter through somewhere we shouldn't, but usually we don't have someone warning us about just how daft an idea it is. Except when we've become so accustomed to hearing your cry of "don't go up there" that our brain now plays it back to us whenever we're contemplating a bit if dodgy filtering.

Not that I've ever had that happen ;):whistle:

Dommo

Veteran
Agreed, the truck shouldn't have overtaken in that position but what they did was just plain dumb... Certain types of cyclists will take risks like that and these individuals certainly match my general expectations... I'll leave it at that...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think the overtake was reasonable - the street is two lanes, one way, and the lorry driver gave room.

The lorry is indicating left, although the driver may not have turned on the indicator until after the cyclists went up the nearside.

At least he was indicating several seconds before pulling away.

It was a fair overtake but completely unnecessary as the traffic was stationary up ahead and he (?) stopped virtually as soon as the overtake had finished.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
First cyclist to go down the line can, presumably, tell that the traffic has stopped. Still too much of a squeeze for me to be bothered with though, but as he made it, 2nd cyclist has probably judged that and followed suit..wouldn't be doing that one either, but at least they made it, in spite of the stupidity of it.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I think the overtake was reasonable - the street is two lanes, one way, and the lorry driver gave room.
Although he is crossing double whites in order to make the overtake.

Agreed, no way they should have gone up the inside, lorry should be enough reason, lorry plus solid wall, not even a bad escape route. No way at all. But if the lorry driver had had an ounce of anticipation, or care he shouldn't have overtaken them in the first place. It's pretty obvious that they were making better progress than the lorry and the lorry achieves next to nothing by making the overtake and then stopping. Poor driving.

but at least they made it, in spite of the stupidity of it.

You can get away with an awful lot of stupid.

Top Bottom