Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[...] For example, someone farts, you will smell that more than 6 Feet away, [...] Now an air borne virus is no different.
No, it is different. I think you'll find that volatile chemicals (in farts or paints) are much smaller, lighter and more easily airborne than a virus.

As far as I can tell from a few reports online, Covid-19 is about 100nm across. Hydrogen sulphide (a rotten egg smell) is in the range of 0.1nm, about a thousandth of the width, and their weights are different in similar scale, so unsurprisingly that bad smell carries much much further on the breeze than the virus, like sand is more easily lifted than pebbles.

In Ireland we are now being told, the virus can live on cardboard and paper,
no surprise there, surprised to hear it can live on plastic bags for up to an hour though.
Were now told this is what is helping spread the virus over larger distances.
TMN to @marinyork and possibly others there. Stick around and read the main "Coronavirus outbreak" thread in the News & Current Affairs forum. You might learn stuff. I have.

Adam4868

Guru
I hear from a chum that all DVLA car tax enforcement (vehicle seizures and clamping) by both the DVLA and dibble has been suspended by ministerial order. So, dust off that untaxed car and head for Snowdonia right now!
Wouldn't be so sure...unless this is just a threat.

lane

Veteran
Agreed. I'm not at all concerned and feel my efforts are quite reasonable. I only made the original post to demonstrate here in Lancashire the police are definitely on the look out for those who won't follow/obey the guidelines.

They round here as well - using drones to spy on dog walkers!

D

Deleted member 26715

Yea I know...like everyone doesn't know it's called Facefeck !
I thought it was Fecesbook

No, it is different. I think you'll find that volatile chemicals (in farts or paints) are much smaller, lighter and more easily airborne than a virus.

As far as I can tell from a few reports online, Covid-19 is about 100nm across. Hydrogen sulphide (a rotten egg smell) is in the range of 0.1nm, about a thousandth of the width, and their weights are different in similar scale, so unsurprisingly that bad smell carries much much further on the breeze than the virus, like sand is more easily lifted than pebbles.

TMN to @marinyork and possibly others there. Stick around and read the main "Coronavirus outbreak" thread in the News & Current Affairs forum. You might learn stuff. I have.
Good to know this information.
Me being cautious of it travelling in the air and with no idea of its size
weight and thus how far it could travel I just wanted to promote the
measure I take, in the hope it would encourage others to also wear
a mask.
I got coughed on two times by indivuals who should have been wearing masks,
as they were up close and in contact with food that others were then reaching for.

Top Bottom