Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see coming that we're allowed within a mile from home. 2km from home's been implemented in Ireland from this weekend.

As usual the stupid few spoil it for the rest.

I went shopping yesterday, for myself, my elderly parents, and my brother.
First to the post office, X’s were taped on the floor to assist people in keeping
their distance, but right alongside the row of X’s was an idiot stacking shelves,
no mask, no gloves, talking rubbish to everyone who was on their X and them all
trying to ignore him, totally undoing any benefit of keeping our distance, as he was
walking about breathing on everyone and taking in what other people had just
breathed out.
I went to a post office in another town, where a man decided to take up residence
in the middle of the doorway, no mask and no gloves, he was the shop owners son
and breathed in what everyone else just breathed out, and everyone had to breath in
what he breathed out as there was simply no room to get past without doing so,
Same post office, a man and woman aged in their late teens early twenties came in,
they paid no attention to social distancing policies, the woman coughed on top of
everyone around her, the man said, we can go for another walk when we get out
of here, and I will do the coughing this time, then thy both broke out laughing.
Got to the till where two women were standing chatting as the long line
of customers progressed, no masks or gloves on either of them, they seemed
completely oblivious to the discomfort they were causing the people in the queue
who had no room to increase their distance from them.
I went to a major food store, shoppers were keeping their distance and no babies unlike
the day before, yet only me and One other person wore a mask, or gloves,
everyone queued up on their X, all good you would think,
Not to be, got to the till, every till operator was sitting there with no screen between them and
the customers, and not a mask in site.
They breathed in what every customer in the line to their till breathed out, and breathed it
back out on every customer that they dealt with, completely unacceptable.
I Went to the filling station, walked in to pay, and a delivery man coughed right in my
face as I entered the shop, he had no mask and no gloves, and he was delivering bread
to other shops in the locality, I saw his van at them later on.
Same filling station, three of the staff were standing in the middle of the floor looking
at a picture of a baby on a phone, no gloves, no masks and them head head.
Same filling station, two 30 ish yr old men were pumping a wheel at the facilities compressor,
and a third one walked over to laugh about the corona virus with them, no mask
and no gloves on any of them.

I went to another filling station, couldn't get in the door because a group of 30 or so yr old men
we’re in a huddle laughing about the lockdown, no masks, no gloves on any of them.
Coming back home through the town, I saw a car park full of young people
in cars and tractors, having a get together, 100 yards from the Garda station.

It really is unbelievable what is happening given the seriousness of Covid19,
while a lot of people are doing everything possible to avoid getting or spreading it,
a huge number are laughing about it and putting vast numbers at risk as willing carriers
of the virus, they have the same information as everyone else and they choose to
deliberately ignore it.
We will need nothing short of a miracle to survive Covid19 with idiots like this
in our communities, they are an absolute disgrace.
I saw a lot more too, but am simply too angry to continue.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I went shopping yesterday, for myself, my elderly parents, and my brother.
First to the post office, X’s were taped on the floor to assist people in keeping
their distance, but right alongside the row of X’s was an idiot stacking shelves,
no mask, no gloves, talking rubbish to everyone who was on their X and them all
trying to ignore him, totally undoing any benefit of keeping our distance, as he was
walking about breathing on everyone and taking in what other people had just
breathed out.
I went to a post office in another town, where a man decided to take up residence
in the middle of the doorway, no mask and no gloves, he was the shop owners son
and breathed in what everyone else just breathed out, and everyone had to breath in
what he breathed out as there was simply no room to get past without doing so,
Same post office, a man and woman aged in their late teens early twenties came in,
they paid no attention to social distancing policies, the woman coughed on top of
everyone around her, the man said, we can go for another walk when we get out
of here, and I will do the coughing this time, then thy both broke out laughing.
Got to the till where two women were standing chatting as the long line
of customers progressed, no masks or gloves on either of them, they seemed
completely oblivious to the discomfort they were causing the people in the queue
who had no room to increase their distance from them.
I went to a major food store, shoppers were keeping their distance and no babies unlike
the day before, yet only me and One other person wore a mask, or gloves,
everyone queued up on their X, all good you would think,
Not to be, got to the till, every till operator was sitting there with no screen between them and
the customers, and not a mask in site.
They breathed in what every customer in the line to their till breathed out, and breathed it
back out on every customer that they dealt with, completely unacceptable.
I Went to the filling station, walked in to pay, and a delivery man coughed right in my
face as I entered the shop, he had no mask and no gloves, and he was delivering bread
to other shops in the locality, I saw his van at them later on.
Same filling station, three of the staff were standing in the middle of the floor looking
at a picture of a baby on a phone, no gloves, no masks and them head head.
Same filling station, two 30 ish yr old men were pumping a wheel at the facilities compressor,
and a third one walked over to laugh about the corona virus with them, no mask
and no gloves on any of them.

I went to another filling station, couldn't get in the door because a group of 30 or so yr old men
we’re in a huddle laughing about the lockdown, no masks, no gloves on any of them.
Coming back home through the town, I saw a car park full of young people
in cars and tractors, having a get together, 100 yards from the Garda station.

It really is unbelievable what is happening given the seriousness of Covid19,
while a lot of people are doing everything possible to avoid getting or spreading it,
a huge number are laughing about it and putting vast numbers at risk as willing carriers
of the virus, they have the same information as everyone else and they choose to
deliberately ignore it.
We will need nothing short of a miracle to survive Covid19 with idiots like this
in our communities, they are an absolute disgrace.
I saw a lot more too, but am simply too angry to continue.
If you were at home rather than going to multiple post offices, petrol stations and a supermarket and seeing you parents and a brother non of those interactions would have affected you.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
If you were at home rather than going to multiple post offices, petrol stations and a supermarket and seeing you parents and a brother non of those interactions would have affected you.

In early February I had to go to several post offices before I could get the items I needed ,the small satellite post offices are sometimes limited in certain goods, supermarkets are low in certain products as we all know , my Son has to have certain foods stuffs due to dietary problem , if I had to visit every supermarket to help get the stuff he cannot without going on public transport I would Do so , if the @Shadow121 is trying to do similar for his family I reckon he is doing the right thing ,

Drago

Legendary Member
Spain and Italy have banned outdoor exercise altogether. It'll be happening here soon, so if you have a dog I hope you have a garden.

Randombiker9

I know this is about groups I don’t ride in a group anyone. But i read an update about police questioning/fining people that aren’t on essiental travel after 1pm. Does this mean you have to do your one form of excerize before 1pm because I thought your allowed to do one form of excersize. I was asking as ussually I cycle after 12 or 1 and if this is happening I don’t want to get in trouble with the local police. Because it’s not very clear. Only states about the essiental travel and not the other exceptions like one form of excersize etc.. does anyone know?

Randombiker9

Spain and Italy have banned outdoor exercise altogether. It'll be happening here soon, so if you have a dog I hope you have a garden.
I don’t have any pet but
There’s something that is awkard with that as the animal welfare act is a law and that requires pet owners and all animal places to follow the 5 animal needs with the key one being able to express natural behaviour. So if people can’t walk their dogs. It means their getting deprived off able to explore their natural behaviour. So with the animal welfare act being a law wouldn’t that be causing issues.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bollards to that. Any emergency legislation banning outdoor exercise will override stuff like that. Not having improvised morgues in football stadia takes greater precedence than my labrador wanting a walk.

Randombiker9

There is no such regulation in the new legislation.
Is there another legislation then? As i thought the restrictions were still same as one form of excersize and essiental shopping etc.. (except for when I read about what I meantioned before in my post)

@Milkfloat
I guess your not with it today, I self isolated, so three families who live in different houses would
not be at risk or put others in their homes at risk, I do all the travelling, shopping, collection pensions
and paying bills for them.
I then disinfect their orders, and leave their orders / food medicine sitting for a time, before I put it outside in a different collection area with different access routes for each, so the recipients never come into contact with each other.

Try thinking out of the box, and you you might just figure out why its better for one person
to enter the risk zones, while the others are kept as isolated as possible.

Last edited:
In early February I had to go to several post offices before I could get the items I needed ,the small satellite post offices are sometimes limited in certain goods, supermarkets are low in certain products as we all know , my Son has to have certain foods stuffs due to dietary problem , if I had to visit every supermarket to help get the stuff he cannot without going on public transport I would Do so , if the @Shadow121 is trying to do similar for his family I reckon he is doing the right thing ,
Thank you @ozboz
There was no possibility of me using just one post office, filling station or shop,
I was shopping in isolation for three families, so they could remain isolated.

I
I don’t have any pet but
There’s something that is awkard with that as the animal welfare act is a law and that requires pet owners and all animal places to follow the 5 animal needs with the key one being able to express natural behaviour. So if people can’t walk their dogs. It means their getting deprived off able to explore their natural behaviour. So with the animal welfare act being a law wouldn’t that be causing issues.
Think keeping Covid19 at bay takes priority over walking the dog, though in Ireland we are allowed to venture no further than 2km for exercise, and should only be in the company of those we are currently
living with, no inviting friends, and anyone under 17 is not allowed any social interaction, such as shopping,
as their guardian is fully responsible for bringing in their food and medicine, so they have no valid reason
if caught outside the 2km exercise limit, or being with anyone outside the circle of people they live with,
which means family only, not everyone in the block.

lane

Veteran
All this talk about monitoring phones to see if people of following the rules - they just need to look at Strava.

Top Bottom