Don't tell my wife...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Was she going in the opposite direction before you spoke to her ?
Yes, and she went even more in the opposite direction thereafter, for my tongue was hitting my spokes. Appreciate not a serious question.

Last edited:

LimeBurn

Über Member
I see 2 types of women on my routes, unfortunately the good looking fit ones that I'd like to appreciate in lycra are far too fast for me so I only get fleeting glances, the other type are not so lovely to look at but cycle at my speed.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My GoPro picked up a good shot

IMG_9325.jpg

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
.Fortunately going in the opposite direction.
I feel obliged to enquire (or bite - depending if you're trolling or not), but what are you suggesting might have happened if she had been going your way? Her asking you out? You asking her out? You seem to have some rather interesting perceptions of how tanned lycra-clad, nice-to-look-at, young women behave because you are in their vicinity. :tongue:

I had an experience where I was fixing puncture on the trike, and a lissome young lycra clad lady stopped and started chatting.

Big boost to the ego as we chatted merrily.

Then I started putting the tyre back on, and sge mentioned that you can do it without tyre levers.

Before I could say "Marathon Plus" , she added

"But I suppose at your age the arthritis will make that difficult for you"

Ego deflates rather more quickly than the original puncture!

winjim

Smash the cistern
I once talked to a woman.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
..No I didn't buy a new bike... but I did say hello to a lady cyclist who said hello to me first.

She was young, tanned, lycra clad and nice to look at.

Fortunately going in the opposite direction.

I said hello back.

I will say no more about it.
And this is why I never ever say hi first to any bloke on a bike: they will get weird ideas in their heads!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
And this is why I never ever say hi first to any bloke on a bike: they will get weird ideas in their heads!
That's probably why I hardly ever get to talk to women: they don't talk to me first, thinking I'll get "weird ideas", and I haven't the confidence to talk to them, and that quickly goes nowhere :sad:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
That's probably why I hardly ever get to talk to women: they don't talk to me first, thinking I'll get "weird ideas", and I haven't the confidence to talk to them, and that quickly goes nowhere :sad:.
Well, it's different in a social setting: I did say "men on a bike", as in random guys seen while cycling.

Top Bottom