Don't think I need a bowl of water for this one...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I don't like to be judgemental so I wouldn't say that everybody 'should' repair every punctured tube but couldn't you simply pass yours on to someone who is happy to? There are lots of us who would gladly spend a few minutes repairing perfectly usable tubes, saving money in the process, and reducing the amount of crap going to landfill every year.

PS If there happen to be any 'non-repairing' CycleChatters who come on my forum rides, feel free to offer me your dead tubes next time I see you! If they are easily repairable and similar to what I normally use then I'd take them off your hands. :okay:

There are also a couple of organisations (at least) who will happily take old tubes off you and turn them into wallets, belts, etc. Cycle of Good - the Elephant bike people - are one.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't like to be judgemental so I wouldn't say that everybody 'should' repair every punctured tube but couldn't you simply pass yours on to someone who is happy to? There are lots of us who would gladly spend a few minutes repairing perfectly usable tubes, saving money in the process, and reducing the amount of crap going to landfill every year.

PS If there happen to be any 'non-repairing' CycleChatters who come on my forum rides, feel free to offer me your dead tubes next time I see you! If they are easily repairable and similar to what I normally use then I'd take them off your hands. :okay:
What size(s)?

classic33

Leg End Member
'Normal' length presta valves (not those super-long ones for deep-section rims), lightish tubes (not those incredibly heavy ones that could be used as tow ropes!), to fit 25mm/700C tyres (road bike) or 33mm/700C tyres (CX bike).
I'll check and let you know. 14 stone to go through.

Top Bottom