Don't try this at home, if you suffer from Acrophobia look away now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
[QUOTE 5195384, member: 45"]Me too. Makes my feet go funny. Why?[/QUOTE]

Trypophobia. Fear of groups of holes or bumps, very odd but true.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Acrophobia... not Vertigo
Hmmmmm..... I don't have a fear of heights; just a fear of hitting the ground at speed.
Watching the video in the OP, I probably get symptoms more like vertigo.

You are not alone, only heard of this a couple of years ago.
I don't think I have it, at least not generally. I've seen that picture before, and I don't like it. Holes in general don't squick me out.

I decided to clear my palate by looking at some nice friendly huntsman spiders (familiar in Australian homes) but :eek:

irw

Quadricyclist
Acrophobia? A fear of pit props? :scratch:
Acroprops surely?

Look at them standing there like something out of Dr. Who...:eek:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I can't watch videos like that because I can't help wondering which of them is now dead. With a side-order of 'how many of them wouldn't be dead if it weren't for video watches/likes?' I don't know, I just find the whole thing a bit...ghoulish.

I feel just the same about that thing people do where they go down in water and then come back up again, with no oxygen or anything, trying to break the record for the deepest. And of course many of them die.

Of course you can't ban high risk activities, and it would probably make very little difference if you did. And all these things are questions of degrees. But this just seems so dangerous that for it to be a spectator sport is....disturbing?

I can fully understand the buzz those people get hanging off 80 story buildings, and how they can get hooked. I just don't like it. And I feel uncomfortable feeling complicit. Or, worse, in however tiny and distant a way, contributory.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I read an article about wingsuit flyers a few months ago. It became very popular with the GoPro crowd who posted more and more risky footage of their flights. In the space of three months, thirty five died, including some of the biggest stars. Its popularity diminished a little.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just saw this thread while still at work, and the OP's post shows as a complete blank. But it's OK, the big blank space didn't give me vertigo. :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've suffered from Trypohobia for years - not that it's officially recognised. I think I posted somewhere on CC about it a while back.

Can't look at things with lots of holes in or that have small regular (ish) shapes repeating.

Things that set me off:

Those clusters of seeds inside chillis and other peppers. Lovely wife has to deal with them.

That Duracell advert that was one big rabbit made up of loads of little rabbits.

The Sanex(?) deodorant advert that was an armpit swarming with loads of little people.

The little 'dot' sunscreen film that you see on eg bus windows.

The tiny offset shards of rock that make up part of Striding Edge.

This lot turns my stomach esp' the child's skull and baby teeth image. WARNING: there's a spider image in here too.

https://www.ranker.com/list/find-ou...ulMg.0&utm_referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Top Bottom