Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev was saying that when she was working there was a big push from the drug companies to get GP's to prescribe Tramadol, this was quite a few years ago. It's not as effective as opiates for deadening pain, it's in a sort of "no mans land " of pain medication

Jameshow

Veteran
"As this is a first offence, Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas is not declared ineligible and can therefore participate in competitions."

Using tramadol is an offence only under the UCI Medical Rules due to the side-effects of the substance which include dizziness, drowsiness and loss of attention. They do not constitute Anti-Doping Rule Violations.

Was that what Froome, Bernal GT and were on recently.....!🤣🤣💥💥

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Tramadol? Doping scandals aren't what they used to be.

Yeah, I know it's serious, but come on. Bring back the soigneurs with suitcases full of stuff, I say.
Or rather, they're exactly what they used to be before the effective red blood cell boosters and hormones came along. Tales of literally dopey cyclists of the 1980s and early 90s, out of their skulls on cocktails of painkillers, sleeping drugs and alcohol, doing really stupid things like jumping out of first floor windows, are plentiful.

Nairoman really is an old school cycle racer, isn't he?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He's denying using it which is tricky to prove if it's in his blood ...not that I know much about this kind of stuff. My life is 90% drowsy blur but beer isn't on the banned list as far as I know!
His best defence might be that it's not on WADAs banned list.

Adam4868

Guru
Ok I'm no expert...but I've taken Tramadol for pain relief.Im no pro though (well I could of been if I wanted) Cycling is about suffering so I'm guessing if you've taken it for gains,to not suffer,muscle relaxant etc and it's on a banned list it's wrong....
There again this is Nairoman 😲
More important is who Arkea got to take his place 😁

Top Bottom