Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The days of 15 percent gains in performance through massive EPO doping seem to be a thing of the past, according to CIRC. Instead, riders are skirting the edges of the anti-doping system, taking advantage of Therapeutic Use Exemptions, using overnight gaps in testing and a deep understanding of the Biological Passport to micro-dose without getting caught. Some are taking drugs that aren’t yet banned, like Tramadol, and using pill regimens that dull pain or improve recovery.

Cycling’s doping days are not behind it."

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015...loton-still-doping_362399#mCD3BHMWCCy1QCsU.99

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not sure what I expected but I could probably have written most of that report myself last year

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
He works for Sky so no one comments.
What a strange post. Just because some on here follow and support the largely British riders doesn't mean we are blind to the team's faults. As has been obvious from the comments about such as Yates, Leinders, Barry in posts passim.
This is the second or third time recently that people have posted to say that nobody has posted on a topic. Why not post your views yourself rather than wait for somebody else.

David Millar in the Telegraph: "I take my hat off to Chris Froome for taking the time to speak to CIRC and also waive his right to anonymity, but where are the others?"

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I have no source other than a tweet, but I read Millar was invited to give evidence to Cycling Is Really Clean but didn't. Does he admit as much in the article?

iLB

Hello there
I have no source other than a tweet, but I read Millar was invited to give evidence to Cycling Is Really Clean but didn't. Does he admit as much in the article?

He says he regrets not talking, but also cites a long list of reasons why he couldn't possibly have made time to talk to them. Yet somehow Froome found time.

B_kXTJlUwAEPhnB.jpg
That looks quite damming. I'm still not sure if Sky's zero tolerance policy is wise or indeed just but they have it and Knaven looks a bit vulnerable if all that is true.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Guardian's reporting that Cookson has asked Heinous to stand down. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ein-verbruggen-stand-down-uci-lance-armstrong. Or is there such a thing as a dishonourary president?

raindog

er.....
the DS is pretty cut up
"J’ai honte, j’ai honte, j’ai honte. Je crois que je ne suis plus capable de faire ce métier là, dans ces conditions. C’est trop dur. Trop de travail. Trop d’investissement de toute une vie. Le vélo c’est ma vie. Je ne peux plus, je ne peux plus. C’est un mélange de honte, de trahison, l’équipe va être salie, ce n’est pas juste. Il m’a appelé, il pleurait, mais ses explications ne me conviennent pas, je lui ai dit qu’il fallait dire la vérité, ne pas se réfugier derrière des excuses".

Top Bottom