Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the DS is pretty cut up
"J’ai honte, j’ai honte, j’ai honte. Je crois que je ne suis plus capable de faire ce métier là, dans ces conditions. C’est trop dur. Trop de travail. Trop d’investissement de toute une vie. Le vélo c’est ma vie. Je ne peux plus, je ne peux plus. C’est un mélange de honte, de trahison, l’équipe va être salie, ce n’est pas juste. Il m’a appelé, il pleurait, mais ses explications ne me conviennent pas, je lui ai dit qu’il fallait dire la vérité, ne pas se réfugier derrière des excuses".
That's all Greek to me.

Tin Pot

Guru
Of all the drugs that are illegal for racing, are any legal for non-racers?

I'd hate all the research into endurance boosting going to waste.

oldroadman

Veteran
Google "buy EPO online" and see how many results you get. I think it inhabits the same grey area as so-called "legal highs".
Yes, plenty of evening primrose oil for sale online.

The Couch

Über Member
That's all Greek to me.
Ντρέπομαι, ντρέπομαι, ντρέπομαι. Νομίζω ότι δεν είμαι πλέον σε θέση να κάνει αυτή τη δουλειά εδώ, σε αυτές τις συνθήκες. Είναι πάρα πολύ δύσκολο. Πάρα πολύ δουλειά. Πάρα πολύ από μια επένδυση ζωής. Το ποδήλατο είναι η ζωή μου. Δεν μπορώ, δεν μπορώ. Είναι ένα μείγμα από ντροπή, την προδοσία, η ομάδα θα είναι βρώμικο, δεν είναι δίκαιο. Κάλεσε, έκλαψε, αλλά εξηγήσεις του δεν μου ταιριάζει, του είπα ότι πρέπει να πούμε την αλήθεια, δεν κρύβονται πίσω από δικαιολογίες

Is this better?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's all Greek to me.

In case that's no joke: "I'm ashamed, I'm ashamed, I'm ashamed. I believe I'm no more capable of doing that job, in these conditions. It's too hard. Too much work. Too much investment of a whole life. The bicycle is my life. I can't do more, I can't do more. It's a mix of shame, of treachery, the team's going to be dirtied, it's not fair. He called me, he cried, but his explanations don't suit me, I said to him that he should tell the truth, not take refuge behind some excuses." The punctuation's not great but I don't think it's great in French AFAIK.

In case that's no joke: "I'm ashamed, I'm ashamed, I'm ashamed. I believe I'm no more capable of doing that job, in these conditions. It's too hard. Too much work. Too much investment of a whole life. The bicycle is my life. I can't do more, I can't do more. It's a mix of shame, of treachery, the team's going to be dirtied, it's not fair. He called me, he cried, but his explanations don't suit me, I said to him that he should tell the truth, not take refuge behind some excuses." The punctuation's not great but I don't think it's great in French AFAIK.
It was an attempt at a joke but also i don't speak french either so cheers for that.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That's all Greek to me.
Genuine lack of French?

''I'm ashamed, ashamed, ashamed. I don't think I can continue to do this job under these conditions. It's just too difficult, There's too much work. Too much investment in it over the whole of my life. Cycling is my life. I can't take any more, I just can't take it. It's a mix of shame and betrayal; the team's name will be dirtied and that's not fair. He called me, he cried, but his explanations don't work with me. I told him that he had to tell the truth and not to hide behind excuses.''

Oh bugger, @mjray has just done it! Oh well, I'm going to hit send anyway!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow - it is 43 years since I did French at school and I was able to understand that, apart from a couple of words which were easy to guess in that context!

As for the doping ... pah! Catch the cheats, ban the cheats. Hopefully, the percentage of cheats will keep on going down so the remaining cheaters stand out and can be watched more closely.

Top Bottom