Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You mean you are not a Secret Pro...?!
Shhhhhh!

Secret Cobblers though, that is.
If the Secret Pros are genuine, which I doubt, then they really ought to come up with something more inventive than trotting out the same stuff as us.
There are secret cobblers too, who knew!

I read the story of them all getting lost on someone's blog. Can't remember who's though.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Secret Cobblers though, that is.
If the Secret Pros are genuine, which I doubt, then they really ought to come up with something more inventive than trotting out the same stuff as us.
Aye but as devils advocate, Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer et al in their punditry often come up with the same cobblers on a terrible penalty miss or goalkeeping howler as journalists that have never played professionally and the likes of me that can appreciate the good and bad in a game but never rose above the level of school 3rd team reserve goalie. Sometimes there is a prevailing sentiment that cuts across all levels of ability and payment or not. I guess if these secret artisans were genuine and not at the end of their career then they have to tread a fine line of fairly bland and anodyne in case they get outed.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav actually sounds like one of the most sensible and measured voices I've heard on this:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-armitstead-chaos-was-her-own-fault/

Summary: he believes Armitstead when she says she isn't doping, but is clear that it was her fault she missed three tests. Also, he thinks the penalties for missing three tests should not be higher than the penalties for failing a test.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cav's quite the grown up voice of reason these days. No more Mr gobbing off. He's probably an expert on different brands of comfy slippers too.

This, Russia being at the top of very nearly every Olympic event so far is really starting to grate.
On another note Mrs TMK asked a very good question that we failed to find the correct google term to find an answer. Do athletes on a drugs ban still get tested?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
This, Russia being at the top of very nearly every Olympic event so far is really starting to grate.
On another note Mrs TMK asked a very good question that we failed to find the correct google term to find an answer. Do athletes on a drugs ban still get tested?

Per UKAD definition of who can be tested, then I would say the can as just because they are banned doesn't stop them being an athlete

Who can be tested?
Any UK and non-UK athlete staying, training, residing, entering a competition, or named as a member of a team participating in a competition, at any level within the UK, is eligible for testing as part of UKAD’s national anti-doping programme.

oldroadman

Veteran
Per UKAD definition of who can be tested, then I would say the can as just because they are banned doesn't stop them being an athlete

Who can be tested?
Any UK and non-UK athlete staying, training, residing, entering a competition, or named as a member of a team participating in a competition, at any level within the UK, is eligible for testing as part of UKAD’s national anti-doping programme.
Unless you "retire" and drop your licence/affiliation. Then come back post-ban, where you are supposed to be in the pool for 6 months before restarting competition. Just like Lance did years ago, except the then UCI president seemingly waived the rule (the UCI did the testing then) so LA could start in the early season Aussie races. Money spoke, one might think. Allegedly. I couldn't possibly comment.

Top Bottom