Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
the old cliché that the British (and really, the English) don't cheat at sports, that's only foreigners..

Nothing to do with the previous discussion, but I keep thinking that if the Russians or Chinese were as dominant on the track as Team GB, our friend from Invasion of the Bodysnatchers might be very busy.

Nothing to do with the previous discussion, but I keep thinking that if the Russians or Chinese were as dominant on the track as Team GB, our friend from Invasion of the Bodysnatchers might be very busy.
My wife doesn't like it when i say we have the best drugs.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

It's definitely unfair in track cycling, but it has more to do with investment, facilities, training and back-up* - plus, of course, having enough cyclists who are interested in competing. There's almost no way a poor country can even think of going for track cycling medals, unless like Awang from Malaysia, you get allowed to train with athletes from a well-funded country - in his case, Australia. It's not like running events.

*This article suggests that the UK has almost twice as much funding put into the track program as the next best-funded team, Australia, which probably means its ten times or more that of smaller nations.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/16/british-cycling-head-coach-hits-back-rivals

Last edited:
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It beggars belief that that doping git Schleck will get 2m wotsits for Leopard not marketing his image rights? Have I missed something? He was fecking 'known' doper who got busted.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fra...llion-in-damages-from-leopard-ag-news-shorts/

Schleck was in the middle of a four-year contract with the RadioShack-Leopard team that was set to run from 2011 to 2014. Part of Schleck’s contract with the squad was an agreement that they would market his image rights. The court ruled that as the team had waited until June 2013 to fire Schleck they owed him and his company the two million.

Reactions: mjr

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It beggars belief that that doping git Schleck will get 2m wotsits for Leopard not marketing his image rights? Have I missed something? He was fecking 'known' doper who got busted.

Trouble is these things are to do with contract law, not ethics.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Pity they have to determine the currency. 2 million Italian lira would be about just and fair.
Lira? Where have you been since 2002? ;)

2 million Bank of Salmond notes exchange rate based on current North Sea oil value. That should give Schleck nothing at all, which is what he deserves, the big lanky streak of piss that he is.

Paralympian suspended due to EPO positive.

"Gallagher represented Australia at the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and at the 2012 Paralympics in London, winning gold medals in the Individual Pursuit in both games. The 38-year-old is also a 10-time track world champion, having won three 1km time trials and seven individual pursuit titles since 2006."
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/09/aust...r-to-miss-rio-after-testing-positive-for-epo/

What's the odds he only used it once, and he was tested just after this, and all his wins were done clean? ;)

SWSteve

Guru
Paralympian suspended due to EPO positive.

"Gallagher represented Australia at the 2008 Paralympics in Beijing and at the 2012 Paralympics in London, winning gold medals in the Individual Pursuit in both games. The 38-year-old is also a 10-time track world champion, having won three 1km time trials and seven individual pursuit titles since 2006."
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/09/aust...r-to-miss-rio-after-testing-positive-for-epo/

What's the odds he only used it once, and he was tested just after this, and all his wins were done clean? ;)

Trying to 'regain his performance' due to deteeriation due to age?

Top Bottom