Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Armstrong slightly less banned
http://road.cc/content/news/204116-lance-armstrong-slightly-less-banned
Can do triathlon if he wants.
I liked this comment...

"He is currently looking to start up a new endurance-based venture called WEDU"

The clean version will be called WEDONT.

JTL (remember him?) states that tramadol offered to British Team at Worlds in 2012
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/tier...-tramadol-around-at-2012-world-championships/

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I never really understood the MPCC. Seems like a good idea - for example as a means for pro teams to interact with WADA over issues like corticoids and tramadol. But often (on here, at least) it's dismissed as a PR exercise; voluntary, optional and toothless. Orica, Katusha and Astana left or got booted out, variously. Sky declined to join as it wasn't as sufficiently devoted to the anti doping cause and didn't go far enough :laugh: Yet there are still several teams who take it seriously enough to remain.

oldroadman

Veteran
I never really understood the MPCC. Seems like a good idea - for example as a means for pro teams to interact with WADA over issues like corticoids and tramadol. But often (on here, at least) it's dismissed as a PR exercise; voluntary, optional and toothless. Orica, Katusha and Astana left or got booted out, variously. Sky declined to join as it wasn't as sufficiently devoted to the anti doping cause and didn't go far enough :laugh: Yet there are still several teams who take it seriously enough to remain.
It's simply a club of certain pro teams using it as a PR exercise - "oh look at us we are all ever so clean". So that's all right then. They have no mandate except their own and don't seem to have managed to influence WADA, so what's the point?
The rules are what they are, Tramadol and Corticosteroids are on a WADA "watch list", which possibly means they are gathering test data before coming to an evidence based conclusion. Let's hope they reach the right one, although remember WADA is across all sports and some have more reason than others not to want both substances put on the banned list.
Anyone for tennis/footy/rugby/track&field?

Top Bottom