1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doping git thread

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 10 Sep 2014.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah

I've got a TUE. I thought everyone had one.

themosquitoking and Marmion like this.
  2. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

As a BC member the "knock on the door" is highly improbable unless you are on the ADAMS system. Testing outside of that group of elite people is usually at races. But in the case of the person with EPO, intelligence and leads from customs seem to have precipitated the UKAD testing - this is not done by BC (test appears to have been refused = non-negative finding = 4 year ban from all competitive sport).

smutchin likes this.
  3. Buddfox

Buddfox Über Member

In theory, yes. It's the first thing in BC's terms and conditions, that you are subject to British Cycling's Anti Doping Policies. But I don't imagine it's likely, unless you happen to be importing EPO and refusing to give a sample...

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/staticcontent/Terms-and-Conditions-0

Supersuperleeds likes this.
  4. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I see that the adherence to the Anti Doping Policies is "Race members only". BC "ride" membership holders are not "Athletes" for the purposes of UKAD's rules, are they?

5. Buddfox

Buddfox Über Member

It's not, I don't think, the only thing that applies to race members and no-one else is the UCI registration. I think it is confusingly laid out, as that was my first conclusion. But I can only find one set of terms and conditions, which include the references to UK Anti Doping, and those T&Cs apply to all categories of membership.

6. Marmion

Marmion Guru

oldroadman likes this.
  7. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Cycling Weekly with sparkling accuracy has noted that the gentleman will face a two year ban. Er, it's four years off now....something I'm quite happy about.

8. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

My error, the Gallego report is old news, 9 months ago! So two years was right then. Before WADA got serious. Some of the comments about labs following the article are either made by apologists or nitwits. Anyone who has visited an accredited lab will be aware just how tightly controlled conditions and samples are.

9. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Buddfox and Crackle like this.
  10. ItsSteveLovell

ItsSteveLovell Veteran

Are you suggesting medicines used in horses may be applied to athletes? Hasn't this happened before?

11. Crackle

Crackle Pah

A tangled halter of connections.

12. Marmion

Marmion Guru

13. Crackle

Crackle Pah

14. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

"Dad, if we tell them I didn't know what it was you were giving me, they'll reduce my ban."

Marmion likes this.
  15. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Marmion likes this.