Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But then again China could be a force to be reckoned with in a decade or two. UCI are not completely daft and I can't think it's only about money (though that helps!).
Really?
http://www.velonews.com/2016/12/news/commentary-wanda-rising_426193

And the TJ Sports situation certainly ain't giving cause for celebration that China is offering a stable investment prosect at present.

Successive failures in Arab States would indicate no interest in the sport from a spectators point of view. Yet the UCI keep going back. And keep taking the money.

Compare this to recent events in Japan and Rwanda where the crowds were out in droves.

It may be that the UCI see this easy and big money as making way for future investments across the globe. But we'd not know, as Cookson is hardly leading the way with providing a clear vision that the fans can see and say "ah yes, I can see where the UCI going with that..."

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
... Like "magic wheels"...which were actually Mavic wheels...

Of course, that whole episode might have been started by someone having trouble with autocorrect / autocomplete...

oldroadman

Veteran
Really?
http://www.velonews.com/2016/12/news/commentary-wanda-rising_426193

And the TJ Sports situation certainly ain't giving cause for celebration that China is offering a stable investment prosect at present.

Successive failures in Arab States would indicate no interest in the sport from a spectators point of view. Yet the UCI keep going back. And keep taking the money.

Compare this to recent events in Japan and Rwanda where the crowds were out in droves.

It may be that the UCI see this easy and big money as making way for future investments across the globe. But we'd not know, as Cookson is hardly leading the way with providing a clear vision that the fans can see and say "ah yes, I can see where the UCI going with that..."

Obviously there is big money involved, so the comment about Mr Cookson begs the question "if you were running a business and were offered shedloads of cash to operate in a certain country for a while, would it be wise to let them know that it was only a cash exercise to fund development elsewhere?"
Wouldn't be in business very long, transparency is good but not too much so and not always wise.

Obviously there is big money involved, so the comment about Mr Cookson begs the question "if you were running a business and were offered shedloads of cash to operate in a certain country for a while, would it be wise to let them know that it was only a cash exercise to fund development elsewhere?"
Wouldn't be in business very long, transparency is good but not too much so and not always wise.
It was also depend if he views himself as "running a business" or being the president of a sports governing body; but I am not sure why there cannot be transparency when "business" is involved.

Doesn't everyone have auto translate on articles?

U

User169

I wonder what for. Couldn't be much worse than the tale of dinner with the parents. Isn't blackmail usually a crime prosecuted by the state, too?

The reports I've read aren't really clear, but I guess you are right that blackmail would be a criminal case.

I'm not entirely sure what the case is based on, but I think it might be an application to prevent publication of future editions of the book.

Nevertheless, Hanegraaf says that Dekker offered not to write anything bad about him in the book if he was prepared to write off money that Dekker owed him. As well as the dinner with the parents, Hanegraaf objects to a supposed meeting with Fuentes where Dekker says that Hanegraaf did all the translation from Spanish. Hanegraaf claims not to be able to speak any Spanish.

Top Bottom