1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doping git thread

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 10 Sep 2014.

1. HF2300

HF2300 Insanity Prawn Boy

Of course, that whole episode might have been started by someone having trouble with autocorrect / autocomplete...

BrumJim, mjr, rich p and 2 others like this.
  2. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Obviously there is big money involved, so the comment about Mr Cookson begs the question "if you were running a business and were offered shedloads of cash to operate in a certain country for a while, would it be wise to let them know that it was only a cash exercise to fund development elsewhere?"
    Wouldn't be in business very long, transparency is good but not too much so and not always wise.

3. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

Not that I's any kind of old cynic of course...^_^

4. Marmion

Marmion Guru

It was also depend if he views himself as "running a business" or being the president of a sports governing body; but I am not sure why there cannot be transparency when "business" is involved.

5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I rolly hoopoe tsar's Wright.

6. Marmion

Marmion Guru

7. HF2300

Marmion likes this.
  8. Marmion

Marmion Guru

9. DP

DP Chasse patate

10. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I wonder what for. Couldn't be much worse than the tale of dinner with the parents. Isn't blackmail usually a crime prosecuted by the state, too?

11. DP

DP Chasse patate

The reports I've read aren't really clear, but I guess you are right that blackmail would be a criminal case.

I'm not entirely sure what the case is based on, but I think it might be an application to prevent publication of future editions of the book.

Nevertheless, Hanegraaf says that Dekker offered not to write anything bad about him in the book if he was prepared to write off money that Dekker owed him. As well as the dinner with the parents, Hanegraaf objects to a supposed meeting with Fuentes where Dekker says that Hanegraaf did all the translation from Spanish. Hanegraaf claims not to be able to speak any Spanish.

12. HF2300

Marmion likes this.
  13. Marmion

Marmion Guru

14. DP

DP Chasse patate

15. Marmion

Marmion Guru