Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think you'll find getting other people within an organisation to do their job is precisely what leaders do.

Risible post.
Looks particularly trollish - we should avoid taking it seriously

oldroadman

Veteran
Cookson could have shown more leadership and courage rather than get others to do his work for him. Comments about following procedures etc are excuses. Whose procedures - KFC, NHS ??. Its well within UCI remit to put together procedures that serves the needs of Cycling especially after the string of doping cases.

Frankly most people expected Astana not to be given a licence. The reaction on the day it was announced was telling. Cookson himself said that it was the worst day of his life.

Instead of saying the Astana was on it last legs he could showed a bit of backbone by saying that he disagreed with the decision. Imagine Alexander Vinokourov stating that he was suspending Astana Continental Team after their 3rd dope case in Nov 14.The irony was priceless.
Rarely has anyone been treated to a read of such uninformed and strange opinion, when the object of the scorn is doing things the right way to ensure that the conclusions from the CIRC stick. No shooting off at the mouth and zero action from Mr Cookson, as certain predecessors managed to do, and drag the sport down.

Rarely has anyone been treated to a read of such uninformed and strange opinion, when the object of the scorn is doing things the right way to ensure that the conclusions from the CIRC stick. No shooting off at the mouth and zero action from Mr Cookson, as certain predecessors managed to do, and drag the sport down.

Cookson was to raise the profile of the Sport after what transpired and what eventuated is matter of pubic record. When Astana got its licence, note the public reaction. No amount of spinning can deflecting the disappointment especially so when the spectating public and much of cycling community were craving change and stronger action.

I can see where you are coming from, but Cookson has to work within the commercial framework of the sport. I suspect he has put about as much pressure as he can on the "colourful" Kazaks.

I just wish there were no riders I respect in their colours (Cataldo and Nibali, before anyone asks.)

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Astana are saying other teams should be audited too and the UCI's move is a ploy to discredit Astana http://vesti.kz/astana/201421/

[Chrome browser translation - apologies to any Kazakhs]

President of the Cycling Federation of Kazakhstan Darkhan Kaletayev said that the attempt of the International Cycling Union (UCI) to deprive through Licensing Committee "Astana" Pro Tour license is biased and is organized action, reports sport.zakon.kz .

"Our team has fulfilled all the requirements that we put forward the International Cycling Union. In particular, the audit of the Lausanne University, he is biased and has a one-sided approach. By the way, we did it at his own expense. Now we are working on the legal side of the matter and requested information on how to carry out the audit of other teams.
I do not want to accuse anyone, but what is happening with respect to our team, I see a campaign to discredit "Astana" and the removal from the peloton one of the leading teams that can win the main race Pro Tour-2015. See opposition from our competitors, and I believe that all of this is organized action against the Kazakh velogruppy. We will fight for the good name of "Astana", - said Kaletayev.

Recall the day before there was information about the results of that in "Astana" audit UCI asks the Commission to consider license revocation.

Last edited:
Nothing about Mr. Knaven?
He works for Sky so no one comments.

iLB

Hello there
B_kXTJlUwAEPhnB.jpg

I can see Mr Knaven having pressing family/personal matters requiring his undivided attention in the near future which lead to him no longer being able to fulfil his role at Team Sky.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Me too. There is a clear contradiction there between what he said in '98 and now, and Sky's statement doesn't alter that.

Top Bottom