Doping in pro cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone else hear the reports (yesterday & today)? Apparently, cycling is the 'dirtiest' sport in the world.

Don't know if it's been reported elsewhere, but Pat McQuaid said he wants to introduce a ban on any convicted dopers working in the sport in any capacity.

beastie

Guru
Where is the report please?

raindog

er.....
It certainly seems dirty because with having the most stringent testing in place, more people get caught. American football, baseball, rugby union, tennis etc would soon start looking dirtier if they actually tested anyone. Don't let's even mention athletics. :rolleyes:

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
At leat cycling hasn't got into bed with the gambling industry like so many sports with the possibility of race and match fixing that has happened in football and cricket.

BJH

Über Member
I finally have something I can agree with big Pat on. Clearly, he read an earlier post of mine on this site when I said ban them from being team managers. The sport wont get cleaner when we have admitted cheats running teams.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
doping is just putting an extra pint of blood in your system right?

Yes and no

Also a generic term for using Performance Enhancing Drugs and other turbo charging methods

Top Bottom