Double-vaxxed and CV19 for the second time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You cannot eliminate a transmissible disease as a single country unless you close all your borders including goods in / out.
The Govt. seems to be enacting this as a strategy....:rolleyes:

All uphill

Still rolling along
I just want to remind everyone about long covid and that this isn't something that necessarily is just an unpleasant inconvenience once we are vaccinated. There can still be very nasty long term consequences.

We are still avoiding restaurants, bars and other crowded places and will continue to do so.

My Daughter had CV19 soon after the start of the Pandemic in the UK, early part of the first wave. Since then she has been double-vaxxed and now has contracted CV19 a second time (LF and PCR positive). Appreciate the vaccines are not 100%

Anyone know how common an occurrence this is?

Clearly it's a risk for all, but it's made me rethink social distancing and crowds etc. She was partying with her gf's at the weekend in Nottingham, all of whom had joined her from different parts of the country.
My social contact bubble has been quite small for the last 18 months, but now am travelling around Europe again, so will probs need to keep a higher level of vigilance :-(
Like Flu, we're gonna have to live with this for a very very long time....

Yes, my son's mother in law has had COVID-19 twice and the latest one was some months after being double jabbed!

She's ok now though.

Venod

Eh up
Anyone know how common an occurrence this is?

Son and Daughter in law have both been double vaccinated, they both contracted Covid 19 about a month back, had to isolate for 10 days, but they were not poorly with it, the Dil works at a nursery and one of the children was infected that's how it came to them.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Spoke to my boss boss the other day, and he said he felt a bit of a fraud having to take the time off due to a positive. Nothing more than a 'cold' he described, but tests said otherwise.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I just want to remind everyone about long covid and that this isn't something that necessarily is just an unpleasant inconvenience once we are vaccinated. There can still be very nasty long term consequences.

We are still avoiding restaurants, bars and other crowded places and will continue to do so.
A point worth making, we have a long-covid sufferer in this house already....

The general lack of mask-wearing in supermarkets, on public transport and elsewhere in England means that I am now wearing an N95 mask to protect myself on any bus with more than half-a-dozen widely-spaced passengers, on trains and in shops. When I eat out, it really is 'out', as in 'outside'. I'm also still social distancing, haven't been back to - and doubt I'll be going back to - choir, and only attend my machine knitting club because it's less than a dozen people in a very spacious, airy hall, only used by us on that day, we keep the windows and doors open and we social distance.

I might be a little bit more relaxed once I've had my booster but I can't see me discarding the N95 masks for public transport until next spring/summer at the earliest if 'things' don't change, nor giving up social distancing. My concern is not to avoid the virus entirely but to minimise the amount of it to which I am exposed, which I believe may well play a significant part in whether infection actually develops.

I never was one for christmas jollifications in the past - I enjoy some of the foods and the traditions of the time of year (and despise others) but it has no religious significance for me, so I'm not the slightest bit bothered about it being 'cancelled' or whatever daft thing people seem so traumatised by.

Amtivaxxers seem to be getting bolder; IMO they are, effectively, complicit in murder.

All uphill

Still rolling along
The general lack of mask-wearing in supermarkets, on public transport and elsewhere in England means that I am now wearing an N95 mask to protect myself on any bus with more than half-a-dozen widely-spaced passengers, on trains and in shops. When I eat out, it really is 'out', as in 'outside'. I'm also still social distancing, haven't been back to - and doubt I'll be going back to - choir, and only attend my machine knitting club because it's less than a dozen people in a very spacious, airy hall, only used by us on that day, we keep the windows and doors open and we social distance.

I might be a little bit more relaxed once I've had my booster but I can't see me discarding the N95 masks for public transport until next spring/summer at the earliest if 'things' don't change, nor giving up social distancing. My concern is not to avoid the virus entirely but to minimise the amount of it to which I am exposed, which I believe may well play a significant part in whether infection actually develops.

I never was one for christmas jollifications in the past - I enjoy some of the foods and the traditions of the time of year (and despise others) but it has no religious significance for me, so I'm not the slightest bit bothered about it being 'cancelled' or whatever daft thing people seem so traumatised by.

Amtivaxxers seem to be getting bolder; IMO they are, effectively, complicit in murder.
I completely agree with you. You have said it very clearly.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

It’s funny I’m down south in Yorkshire just for now. Mask wearing is mixed however, but good to see quite a few still wearing . Still law in Scotland and I don’t see it as too big a deal.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well, that escalated quickly!

From ‘I’m fully vaccinated and have tested positive’ to ‘antivaxers are muderers’ in two pages.

Side order of ‘Calm Down’ to table 12 :-)
I’m seeing more now of the anti cax brigade abandoning covid as that’s a battle lost to now calling out flu vaccines as the devils work. Quite frankly Everyone’s free to have an opinion but don’t spread lies !

Top Bottom