Down Again !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ouch CN! I hope its sorted soon !

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
GWS :smile:. Is that a mirror on the post at the right side of the road that the driver should be looking at to spot you? Looking at it maybe it should be signposted no right turn?

I was gonna say that's a nasty junction as a car driver. You'd have no option but to slowly inch out the front of the car till you can see.

Then I saw the mirror opposite. No excuse. Driver is nobber.
Yes it is, claimed she didnt see me , no helmet in photo but i had it on . IMG_20171018_174047834_HDR.jpg IMG_20171018_193707740.jpg

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

How's the bike?

Saddle is toast , mech hanger is bent, front shifter twisted on bars , managed to get the rack back on although i think the threads are a bit meh but new bolts sorted it ( guesing the pannier bag with rain gear absorbed the bump )

Talk about a run of bad luck . Glad it's not to serious and everything seems to be going how you would hope . Take care and heal quick . Any extra problems with your shoulder ?
Landed on other side ;)
bruised calf and elbow , cut on nose , ankle and fair bit on back.All superficial .

NickNick

So sorry to hear that yet another member of this site has been hit. I've witnessed some appalling driving this last couple of weeks, not sure if it's just confirmation bias or if its something to do with the time of year/weather changes.

Hope you're not in too much pain, even superficial wounds can be grim as hell, get well soon and as much as life is much more important than material items, hope you can get your bike up an running without too much hassle and that you get fully reimbursed by driver or their insurance.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Hit by a car that came out of a blind junction , tried to swerve and shout but they still managed to hit my back end ripping the pannier rack off the the bottom bolts , ripped the saddle and bent the RH shifter when it hit the ground.
Superficial cuts and bruises but nowt serious as it was a low speed collision thankfully (?)
Made sure the police were phoned but they would not attend as we were not blocking the road , got an incident number.
The driver admitted responsibility and we exchanged details , already phoned their insurance and the police myself when i got home .Attending an appointment tomorrow evening at the police station as they want to see my injuries .
Driver said as it was drizzly it was hard to see and didnt see me at all till i shouted , me in white gilet , reflective arm warmers , lights , white bike ......
Get well soon

D

Deleted member 1258

GWS cyberknight, hope you're not too sore in the morning.

BurningLegs

Veteran
How are you doing this morning, CK? I hope the injuries didn't cause you issues sleeping. That does look like a dangerous junction, and the fact that a mirror has been put up on the wall the other side suggests that perhaps it's a known hotspot and the mirror was installed to try and help?

Fingers crossed the driver doesn't start to play games and continues to do the right thing.

Do you have a rear camera?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

How are you doing this morning, CK? I hope the injuries didn't cause you issues sleeping. That does look like a dangerous junction, and the fact that a mirror has been put up on the wall the other side suggests that perhaps it's a known hotspot and the mirror was installed to try and help?

Fingers crossed the driver doesn't start to play games and continues to do the right thing.

Do you have a rear camera?
Couldnt sleep right, unless i slept on my front each side had a bruise or cut.
No camera as a lot of my commute is unlit country roads , you might see car lights going into the distance ....