Down Again !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No camera as a lot of my commute is unlit country roads , you might see car lights going into the distance ....
In my experience, unlit country roads aren't too bad, although most of the footage tends to be very boring with just the road immediately lit up by your headlight and then various far-off car position lights, but number plates over overtakers are readable. Most cameras seem to have more trouble when there's lots of headlights shining into them, as number plate lights and reflections of cycle headlights aren't as bright, but they're now mostly good enough to read the plate of someone who gets too close.

vickster

Legendary Member
How are you doing this morning, CK? I hope the injuries didn't cause you issues sleeping. That does look like a dangerous junction, and the fact that a mirror has been put up on the wall the other side suggests that perhaps it's a known hotspot and the mirror was installed to try and help?

Fingers crossed the driver doesn't start to play games and continues to do the right thing.

Do you have a rear camera?
Why is the camera needed if the driver already admitted liability both to @cyberknight and to their insurance company as suggested? I would assume that the call to the insurers is recorded as standard

I like to think that most people are indeed decent, and this one has done all of the right things (other than not looking properly in the first place)

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No end of hassle with the insurance company , they try to call but as im at work i cant reply till break times but when you ring back you get through to ( racial pun ) the delhi hotline and they cant understand what your saying.
Tried to phone when i got home and although the call centre is open the people i need to speak to work 9-5 :wacko:
Went to the police station at their request as they wanted to see my injuries and as i got there the police car went out so i was standing on the doorstep like a lemon , now they tell me it was me who wanted them to see them :huh:

No end of hassle with the insurance company , they try to call but as im at work i cant reply till break times but when you ring back you get through to ( racial pun ) the delhi hotline and they cant understand what your saying.
Tried to phone when i got home and although the call centre is open the people i need to speak to work 9-5 :wacko:
Went to the police station at their request as they wanted to see my injuries and as i got there the police car went out so i was standing on the doorstep like a lemon , now they tell me it was me who wanted them to see them :huh:
:hugs:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

TTP3BhMS5uYXJ2aWkuY29tLzYwMzUvYzI5ZjkyY2UxMzhlN2UxZGRiNzIwMTUxYzg2NmM2NGQ0Zjc3YTNjOV9ocS5naWYlog.gif

vickster

Legendary Member
Take a day off work and add it to the claim?

Are you sure the insurance people aren't open tomorrow? Which company is it?

You do have three years to sort injury claims and six for property so you won't run out of time

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Take a day off work and add it to the claim?

Are you sure the insurance people aren't open tomorrow? Which company is it?

You do have three years to sort injury claims and six for property so you won't run out of time
mon-fri 9-5 for the people i need to speak to according to the helpline , i will try just in case :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sounds as though it's business as usual then!!

davidphilips

Veteran
Sorry you got hurt again, Must be some woeful drivers in South Derbyshire, Good luck with insurance claim and remember to add in cost of taxis, loss of earnings as well as the cost of a new cycle helmet.
Hope you are not in to much pain and make a quick and full recovery, take care and fingers and toes crossed you dont have a third accident.

I don’t the first was a collision? Wasn’t it unexplained mechanical failure? Or now explained by the subsequently sheared crank

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/rider-down-me.219753/

OK, he's had one collision that is not clearly unavoidable, one "accident" so ... RTI then? Road Traffic Incident?

Edit: Actually, if a car collides with a tree, that's still a collision. Maybe a cyclist colliding with a road is a collision

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

:crazy: