Downloading Music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know of websites where i can download music of at least 320kbps?I have been downloading from youtube but that is only at 128kbps and since buying a new pair of headphones i have come to the conclusion that the sound isn't that great.
I've looked at sites like HD tracks but if you are going to download using FLAC it can work out pretty expensive.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I bought some Jim Bob tracks from Bandcamp recently, and the price is the same for whatever format you want (I chose FLAC) but it depends on what artist(s) you're after I guess. I usually buy CDs and rip them to FLAC myself as I like to have a physical copy of music where possible.

Does anyone know of websites where i can download music of at least 320kbps?I have been downloading from youtube but that is only at 128kbps and since buying a new pair of headphones i have come to the conclusion that the sound isn't that great.
I've looked at sites like HD tracks but if you are going to download using FLAC it can work out pretty expensive.
Spotify is 320kbps, sounds good through decent hifi. Tidal is better but pricey for lossless quality.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Spotify is hard to beat - we play lots of music here and the value for the small monthly payment is amazing.

As above post ^^^ we have decent hi-fi (Arcam/Cyrus/Dali) and it sounds superb.

I dithered a long time before committing to Spotify as I was worried about the tracks not being lossless (I used to buy CD's and rip to FLAC) and that cost a fortune.

I needn't have worried at all!

Also the Spotify algorithms are very good - I get really good suggestions re new music every week based on my current tastes.

It's very flexible and intuitive too re playlist creation etc.

Yeah would agree, I am on Naim/Dynaudio so couldn't even use phone to stream Tidal, had to use Naim app which was a faff. It did sound a bit smoother though, esp Tidal Masters but not worth extra cash + Spotify is great to use and I have got 50GB or so downloaded which is handy at times.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Thank you for all your useful comments.
I am looking to download to my Sony audio player which I’ve got about 7,000 songs on.A lot of which are ripped cd’s.
I was planning to replace the downloaded YouTube tracks with higher Kbps ones.
Spotify and other streaming services are great but I need to download songs to a pc which you can’t on Spotify.

I am looking to download to my Sony audio player which I’ve got about 7,000 songs on.A lot of which are ripped cd’s.
Spotify and other streaming services are great but I need to download songs to a pc which you can’t on Spotify.
I believe you can download to any device if you have premium phones, pc etc. Each device will need a new download though.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Do you need to download them?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I cheat and rather than download from YT, I record the high bitrate stream in real time with Audacity, then export that file to MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, etc.

It's also how I do digital versions of my vinyl, cassettes, etc

Top Bottom