Dr Who; What rubbish!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
One thing I don't understand is that the doctor said he was over 2000 years old, but I am sure I read, in a book commerating 30 years of Dr Who, that he was only about 960 years old. It's only been 20 years, and he has always had an Earthling companion with him, so how does this work out.
He went away for a bit, and when you travel in time wellll...........:whistle:

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
One thing I don't understand is that the doctor said he was over 2000 years old, but I am sure I read, in a book commerating 30 years of Dr Who, that he was only about 960 years old. It's only been 20 years, and he has always had an Earthling companion with him, so how does this work out.
The Christmas special he was on that plannet alone a couple of hundred years defending it

sidevalve

Über Member
Agreed there - as a lifelong fan [and I JUST go back to the very first doctor] I must admit that the doctor has always been in the 900s. Even as a fantasy sci fi it needs some basis in fact and some continuity. As for it being rubbish - well maybe but it isn't intended to be a serious documentary and TBH there are several soaps out there that seem to have and equally tenuous grasp of reality and they seem to do ok.

Julia9054

Guru
image.jpg

Made me chuckle!

stephec

Legendary Member
That sonic screwdriver doesn't half come in handy at times.

ScotiaLass

Guru
It was ok.
I almost didn't watch the last series, not because of Matt Smith, but the poor story lines.
I don't like Clara....for me Rose was the best assistant and she worked brilliantly with David Tenant.
I'll probably watch it next week but after that...who knows!

yello

I gave up on it years ago, shortly into the Tennant era. I've watched the occasional episode since but it still strikes me as lacking and hollow. I dunno, maybe it's simply that it's not aimed at me (wrong age, wrong demographic, wrong who knows) but I simply don't see what others seem to.

I fear Sherlock has gone the same way; purports a cleverness that is marginal at best, absent at worst. I thought the 2nd or 3rd episode of season 1 was brilliant but nothing has come close since. It flatters to deceive, is the emperor's new clothes, etc.

Top Bottom