Dragon's Den

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I see it as more of a loft.

LOL the cushion for windows :blush:

peanut

missed it dayum.
My company used to sell talking trees to high street stores and talking hens, cats and dogs to Asda 10 years ago so nothing new there.I used to design and make robotic heads for visitor centres etc which was fun but made us no money .

Smeggers

A band with the most hideous name ever thought up, who came away laughing because they're getting 70k to make their music with absoultely nothing to lose.

Tripping over themselves to spend 70 grand on trying to make themselves 'look cool' weren't they?! Not sure if it was funny or pitiful.

asterix

Comrade Member
These talking trees were real people with leaves stuck on.

I thought it was a real tree with a person stuck in it.

Danny

Legendary Member
Oddly I got cold called by a salesman today whose technique was exactly like the sweaty guy who was try to get funding for a water filtration system.

jonesy

Guru
Dannyg said:
Oddly I got cold called by a salesman today whose technique was exactly like the sweaty guy who was try to get funding for a water filtration system.

That one did amuse me, especially the 'carbon footprint' argument being used in favour of a machine that condenses water using energy guzzling refrigeration instead of getting it from the tap!

Abitrary

My favourite on dragon's den was that middle eastern lady who invented an ironing board that was contained in some sort of upright teak cabinet, and the idea was that it would make a nice piece of (unusable) furniture when not being used.

The scottish bloke said that she'd managed to uninvent one of the most successful inventions ever.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My cousin Paul went on that programme to get funding for his Generating Company, which does a Cirque du Soleil type act but smaller. I can't remember the figure but two investors agreed to give around £400,000 in return for a 40% stake in his company. Paul and his partner agreed immediately and that seemed to be that.

A year later I met him at a family wedding and asked him how the business was going with the injection of cash. "Oh" he replied, "We still haven't got the cash, we're still negotiating with them!"

Which goes to show what a huge gulf there is between what you see on TV and real life.

Top Bottom