Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I filled up my car this morning for the first time since this shenanigans.

Sloshing round in the tank is the remains of my previous rare-as-hens'-teeth tankful and this morning's common-as-muck refill.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I filled up my car this morning for the first time since this shenanigans.

Sloshing round in the tank is the remains of my previous rare-as-hens'-teeth tankful and this morning's common-as-muck refill.
Today's refuel was roughly the same price rate as the highest non-gouging rate during the panic... and the news was talking of more gas price rises to come. Heating oil is back up at 63ish p/l, near the panic high of 67p/l and a 75% increase on a year ago.

OK - around here the ESSO station has been at £1.39 for weeks

the others have gone up to £1.46 and have gradually wound down to £1.43

ESSO are still at £1.39

the queues are now small but still at the supermarkets

which are - and have been for many weeks - more expensive

to get to the supermarkets most people, at some point are going to have to have driven past the ESSO station

people are just weird

Mike_P

Guru
Bit worried this morning as I saw an Asda tanker heading away from the filling station but it was still (in relative terms) £1.757 for E10. Later passed a Shell - £1.889 and doing plenty of custom from BMWs no doubt on business fuel cards

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Over in Americaland, they're grumping at a $5 gallon

I'll let someone else convert a US gallon to ppl assuming 81p to the dollar :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Over in Americaland, they're grumping at a $5 gallon

I'll let someone else convert a US gallon to ppl assuming 81p to the dollar :laugh:

OK, I'll have a go.

1 US gal is 3.785 litres
So that's $1.32 per litre
$1 = $0.81
So that's £1.07 per litre

Actually, I'm a bit surprised by that. I thought it would be lower as I thought fuel was dirt cheap in the US. That's cheaper than here, but not dirt cheap. Not that I know anything about the subject (evidently)

OK, I'll have a go.

1 US gal is 3.785 litres
So that's $1.32 per litre
$1 = $0.81
So that's £1.07 per litre

Actually, I'm a bit surprised by that. I thought it would be lower as I thought fuel was dirt cheap in the US. That's cheaper than here, but not dirt cheap. Not that I know anything about the subject (evidently)

It was ca. 0.90$/gal when I was there in 2004; I remember people were still shocked that it had crossed the 1.00 $ /gal threshold a few months before.

Top Bottom