Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
And an Esso is now a Texaco, +£1.50 pricing having now appeared at the Esso that is a Tesco Express, £1.509 oddly 3p dearer than E20 E10 rather than 2p. E10 at Asda had jumped to £1.457 yesterday, ouch!

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And an Esso is now a Texaco, +£1.50 pricing having now appeared at the Esso that is a Tesco Express, £1.509 oddly 3p dearer than E20 rather than 2p. E10 at Asda had jumped to £1.457 yesterday, ouch!
E20? Is that a thing now? Do we need to recheck our vehicles are OK on it?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Our prices on Mull are surprisingly low compared to mainland. On my last trip I noticed that there was only a couple of pence per litre difference. 149.7 for diesel here and lowest mainland price I saw was 147.9.

IndyCar / ChampCar / CART - or whatever current iteration they're using, have been running on ethanol for a very long time.

I remember going to Rockingham in 2002 for the race ChampCar race (well, really for the ASCAR, but that's not relevant), walked into the circuit when the cars were practicing, and said to the friend I'd traveled over with - bloody 'ell, it smells like a student union bar on a Friday night :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bloody sick of this now! 🧐 I read that in May of last year diesel was around the £1.05 a litre mark. Today I see it was £1.51. That's nearly a 50 percent rise. My weekly tenner is now lasting about 4 days! :ninja:

DRM

Guru
Bloody sick of this now! 🧐 I read that in May of last year diesel was around the £1.05 a litre mark. Today I see it was £1.51. That's nearly a 50 percent rise. My weekly tenner is now lasting about 4 days! :ninja:
This time last year they couldn't give petrol & diesel away due to lockdown and people working from home, production was severely cut back, as they were running out of storage space, traffic levels are now as bad, if not worse than pre lockdown so it's a sellers market due demand going up, it's simple economics

Ignores the fact it was way more than £1.05 before C19 hit, bit like container shipping rates now being 10x what it was (the COVID low). Still a good moan though...

But whatever a pre-covid tenner bought in litres, that amount of fuel now - whatever it costs today will still get you as far as before (in same conditions) well unless a brake is (or was😉) binding. Calculate brim to brim (and that can just be a few gallons) and you can even tell when something is wrong if you always do the same route. Though keeping 3/4 of a tank unused to calculate brim-brim usage is a bit wasteful.

Mike_P

Guru
Highest I saw today cycling was £1.549 for diesel at a Shell in Wetherby with E10 at £1.519. A Morrisons just a short distance beyond it had them at £1.509/£1.479 and a Co-Op in Knaresborough was £1.519/£1.479. Sainsburys in Harrogate was £1.479/£1.459.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You could justmdo a drive-off and not pay. One look at the CCTV and theyll assume you're in disguise and not bother any further because a real person could possibly dress like that! :laugh:

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!!!

Anyway - just filled the car up for the first time in a few weeks - prices round here have not been too bad.
It used to be £1.45 at the Tesco and the Esso was £1.43

now it has dropped to £1.43 at the Tesco and the Esso has dropped to £1.39

I think someone somewhere has been extracting the Michael for financial reasons

Top Bottom