Drago's murder deathkill slaughter massacre panic petrol buying watch!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Knew I should have panic bought myself an electric car, what a missed opportunity :rolleyes:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Queues at all the local petrol stations here. Because we are going to near Stoke on Trent ( 100 miles each way)tomorrow, I had to join them and put £40 worth of petrol, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

steverob

Guru
Wife went out to fill up yesterday evening, though to be fair she was down to less than a quarter of a tank, so she'd probably have done so regardless of whether there were any stories of panic buying or not. She was back in less than 10 minutes and didn't mention anything about queues or it being busier than usual, so I guess the news hasn't reached Buckinghamshire yet.

Media induced frenzy again, repeat of bog roll and pasta. The queues simply demonstrate how low the average brain power has become.
I was particularly amused by the covid panic - shelves cleared of tinned tomatoes - before the plague most brits wouldn't have touched them with a bargepole as they headed for the chips and ready meals.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Normally laugh at the motorists as I cycle past but need to take son#2 to uni tomorrow and running on fumes. Went to pick up bike wheel from LBS at lunchtime, first petrol station queues have gridlocked roads all around, second likewise, third shut. So am fuming at the xxxxxx idiocy.

[Mentioned it once, think I got away with it]

Mod Note:
Oh No, you didn't ! :okay:

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked past BP's london office last night - two or three security on each door - do they have secret stocks?

presta

Guru
I have never actually NEEDED a car to get to work but for about 3 years getting there without would have involved a train and then a bus - and the first bus of the day got to Denbigh (where I worked) too late by about 10 minutes. It would be about a 2 hour journey assuming it all went to plan and the bus wasn't full
Option 1
17:01 Leave work
17:08 Train leaves Chelmsford station
17:16 Arrive Chelmsford station
17:56 Train leaves Chelmsford station
18:38 Train arrives Braintree
18:55 Arrive home

Option 2
17:01 Leave work
17:03 Get in car
17:45 Arrive home

Like many, the car is an absolute necessity for me, i work 14 miles from home.
But if you didn't have a car you wouldn't be working 14 miles from home.

I'm down to my last 380 rolls.
I've only got one Rolls, and I can't get the petrol for it.

Kajjal

Guru
Queues here as well, guessed it would happen and both cars full earlier in the week. Luckily we are driving abroad very shortly for a break so will miss out on fuel queues, empty shelves, and all the other craziness currently going on only in the UK.

An interesting article in The Grocer about the root causes behind the HGV driver shortage (and a lesson on how to discuss a topical issue without using it as an excuse for a political rant)

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/supply-...we-cant-blame-it-all-on-brexit/659841.article
there was an interesting interview on BBC News channel with a down to earth credible sounding woman from a haulage firm (been in the business for a few generations and she still drives sometimes) explaining the reasons for the shortage - a lot to do with how poorly drivers are treated - doubtless it will be run several times through the day.

Top Bottom