Drago's snow watch alert stand by readiness defcon 1 action stations code red reporting photo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Got stir crazy so went for a well-protected walk in the persistently persisting rain. Walking back in full-on drowned rat mode, but warm and dry on the inside, a couple stopped and offered me a lift, which I thought was a very kind gesture, given I would have completely soaked their car if I'd have accepted.

Datum2

Über Member
Big snow potential next week with the Siberian Shuffle set to blow in from the east. Get your cameras charged up !

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
E8DB178C-7F2D-4807-9129-CD8CB390A6E3.jpeg

I got my snow practice in a few weeks ago in The Peaks ^_^

Tin Pot

Guru
Just had a Grade 1 Death Kill Storm Alert on the telly. Apparently 10cm now counts as "severe snowfall". What are these people sniffing?

There’s “risk of death and damage to property” in Kent tomorrow.

I started crying.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
1985 or so IIRC - I remember driving between snow banks like that as I drove to Stratford on the A3400, trying to get to Birmingham.
I remember it was really cold in 85/6/7. (can't remember exactly which) I lived on the 9th floor of a 'towerblock' and the ice from condensation just built up on the inside of the window to about 5 inches thick at the bottom despite the flat being warm enough to get out of the bath and sit naked whilst I dried my hair, I think Leicester got down to -22 degrees C

Top Bottom