Drago's Winter 2020/21 deathkill slaughter murder carnage annihilation snow thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It was snowing here this morning and I got jolly excited, but it never settled.

classic33

Leg End Member
We passed the inch deep mark, snow wise, early afternoon. Still snowing, with no traffic on the nearby main road.

One or two cars had left the road earlier. Recovering them is going to "interesting" when they do attempt it.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
No snow today, but the fog never really cleared. It eased a bit at lunchtime but is now so bad I can't see the houses across the road.

Julia9054

Guru
TinyTown looking rather pretty this morning
20210109_103040.jpg

20210109_110847.jpg

TinyTown looking rather pretty this morning
ooh those compacted snowy roadways look like excellent studded riding opportunities!

We never get any snow 🙄. Being right on the west coast means the Gulf stream keeps the air just warm and moist enough to ensure constant rain.
Go just a couple of miles up the hill to the east of us and it can be a different story.

It's the opposite for us: we can have snow and central Stuttgart, about five km away and a couple of hundred metres lower is completely free of the stuff. When it rains in Stuttgart in winter the residents catch the tram up the hill up the hill with their cross country skis.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Stuttgart, Heumaden tram stop 412m (1351 ft) Above sea level, ca. 11:00am:

View attachment 568098

Other end of the journey, alongside the Elz river near Emmendingen 201m (615 ft) above sea level, about 2:30pm:

View attachment 568099

My friend spent his 'in work' year of his degree in Stuttgart working for Agilent IIRC, he loved it there and has gone back to visit a few times.

Snow snow snow. Annoying as I haven't bothered fitting electric bike with ice tyres and I need it today. Doesn't clear i will say sod it. Normal bike has ice tyres on. So dog can get a run while I cycle. Knee particularly painful today.

Top Bottom